24|Finals Are Always Dramatic

It’s raining.

Adam stares up at the sky, a melancholic smile at his lips, as if the sky was personally bestowing grief and an agony that rips at his heart upon him. The rain is sweet against his skin, so redolent of a time forgotten.

Maybe that was a past life; a memory lost to time but never him.

The bench digs into his skin, as soaked as he is. Adam doesn’t care.

He’s slipped into numbness again, and the rain doesn’t even feel like it’s touching him. It is though, touching him, falling heavier as though it wished to hold him and ease the ache of his heart. He wants to feel something anything, other than the detachment of his head to his heart.

“Adam.”

Its strange to compare, although maybe not, humans always have been a bit more animalistic in nature than they care to admit, but Adam feels like a deer in headlights, startled.

“Austin.” His chest is heaving, sandy bob usual curls and waves flattened by the rain, strands matting together in the weight of the water. Adam rises from the bench.

“Nebulae, I’m sorry, I’m sorry I’m so –“ Adam moves in long strides to stand in front of Austin. The other man babbles apologies, looking stricken with something – grief, loss, angst Adam doesn’t know.

What he does know however is that he’s overcome with an emotion. It’s a fire, curling around his veins, burning the back of his eyes and the nerves in his hands. He’s lost for moment but it doesn’t last to long.

His fist is curled, and he’s raising it up behind him long before he even realises what emotion he’s feeling. It comes to a climax then, as he brings it down and forward – it collides with Austin’s nose, the other man’s eyes wide as it does so.

The red that gushes from his nose should be sickening but it isn’t, and Adam thinks passion, as he cries, cupping Austin’s face and bring their mouths together. For all he loves Austin he denied himself passion and it ruined him.

He pulls away momentarily, resting their foreheads together, Austin’s mouth covered in blood and oddly familiar taste of copper tingling Adam’s tongue.

“I’m sorry,” Austin murmurs before pushing their mouths together again and Adam sobs with relief.

“It’s okay, thunder,” Adam says, voice wrecked.

And that’s what Adam will remember. That’s what Austin will remember. For all their faults, they love each other, purely. As long as they commit, as long as they practice communication, trust and honesty, time is their only enemy.

------
Finished. A book complete and under my  belt. Maybe I'll extend it but for now I'm happy with my complete book.

Thank you for all the support Taht you've all given me, it's meant a lot and has definitely encouraged me to complete this. :)