Movie Night

"Ah, Jason, you're awake?" A deep voice asked.

"What?" Jason's eyes fluttered open to see a red-faced man looming over him. "What the..."

"You were found in the middle of the street by a kid named Charlie. He probably saved your life - you wouldn't stop bleeding." A nurse said to Jason's right. "Funny, you were the second one he found, right after poor Piper-"

"Piper!" Jason jumped up, but immediatly laid back down again. His left theigh was in a thick cast. He remembered it now - a swarm of harpies had attacked the ship, caused it to lean to its side. He remembered getting bit in his theigh before slashing apart one of the beasts. The other harpie got Piper and sent her spwraling off the ship - and Jason had failed to save her. He bit his lip to keep his chin from trembling. He had let her fall. He couldn't catch her. Her death was his fault.

He looked up. But according to these people, she wasn't dead.

"Piper? Piper McLean?" He asked the red-faced man.

He scratched his chin. "Not sure. We have yet to contact her parents."

"Is she okay?"

"Do you know this girl?" He raised an eyebrow. Jason blushed.

"If shes the one I'm thinking of, then, yeah."

The man nodded. "I'll tell her you asked for her. But we do not know your name quite yet."

"Its Jason Grace."

The man nodded, then walked out of the room.

Jason looked around. He realised he'd waken up multiple times in this room before now, but kept on falling back asleep. He reconized the bed, his new pajamas, TV, the nurse. He turned and saw what looked like a tween boy snoring on the bed next to him. He had a cast on his leg too, but Jason knew it was for different reasons.

The nurse walked up to him. "Would you like to read a book or watch a movie, or just sleep?" She asked.

"Um... a movie would be fine."

She nodded and pulled out a drawer from under the TV. "We have Shrek, Cars, Spiderman, Percy Jackson, and-"

"Percy Jackson?" Jason wasn't sure he'd heard her right.

"Would you like to watch that?"

"Uh, could I see the cover?"

"Sure." The nurse handed him the disc box.

Jason couldn't read the cover, since he was dyslexic, so he didn't bother trying. Instead he studied the picture of what looked like a twenty-year old man holding a sword. A brunett girl stood in the backround holding a backpack next to what looked like an African-American faun.

Percy Jackson? Could it be? No, the characters were too old for them, and they looked nothing alike. He didn't see Annabeth on the cover either, so it didn't match.

"Would you like to watch Percy Jackson or not?" The nurse asked.

"Oh, sure." He handed the box back and watched her slide in the disc, a worried knot in his stomach making him wonder just what this movie was all about.

Its just a movie, he told himself.

His opinion changed quickly throughout the film.

***

Hazel woke up screaming.

She shook her head and breathed slowly to calm herself. What happened? What was the last thing you remember? Thoughts rushed through her head. Harpies... falling... Frank?