That's Nice

After a long weekend of Veronica and my mother I'm glad to be back at work. It's now officially November and that makes me now 6 months pregnant, leaving me 3 months until I'm due. Dr.Yang had told me if all is smooth I should be due in early February.

I sit behind my desk and I'm at work much earlier than usual. I take the time to grade a few papers and plan out the lesson for today. It's now 7:00 and Phil walks through the door. "Someone's early today." he raises his brow at me.

"Well I woke up early so I just went with it." I shrug at him. I wondered about what my sister said about Phil and the possible hook up. I found it odd considering she just got out of a relationship.

Turns out she dated some guy at that radio station and they broke up a few days after he arrival at Houston. Not wanting to complicate things she's now doing some job searching here. "So what did you think of my sister." I say to him not making eye contact.

"Who Tiffany?" he chuckles, he knows that's my mother "Or Veronica."

"Veronica." I say.

"She seems like a good person, why did something happen." he takes a seat at the chair next to my desk.

"Well she sort of liked you so I thought I could give you her number." I say grabbing a post it and scribbling down the 10 digits.

"That's nice." he looks at the note. "So does she want me to ask her on a date or what." he looks at me. This time I look up and meet his blue eyes.

"Uh yeah I think so, you don't have to though." I assure him breaking eye contact.

"No that's fine one date won't hurt." he shrugs at me.

"Well she'll be happy to hear about that." I press my lips together and give a small smile.

"How's your dating life." he asks and looks up.

"Don't really have one, I'm going to wait it out another while longer." I confess to him.

"Oh." he breathes.

"Yeah, so uh did you finish reading over the lesson plan for today." I say and try to sway the talk away from our love lives.

"Of course I did," he smiles "I'm going to have to learn to do this stuff on my own." I almost forget I'm only leaving in 2 months. After the first week back from winter break I will leave and most likely return in the beginning of April.

"Well it's harder than it looks, see you have to plan every detail." I point to the calendar on my desk.

"I'll figure it out don't worry." he stands and walks to the door. "Now come on show time." he jokes and the kids slowly start entering one by one.

As always the day goes smoothly only a few problems regarding who hit who first. I pack my bag and Phil stands by the door saying bye to the last of the students.

"In a rush." he says walking to my desk.

"Not really just want to get home." I shake my head at him. I wasn't sure why but I've been off a little since this morning.

"You okay Beth?" he grabs my shoulder before I leave the classroom. Since when did he call me Beth, no one calls me Beth people use my full name Bethany.

"I'm okay just feeling a little tired." I pull my shoulder closer to release from his grip.

"Ok just relax a bit maybe." he looks at me with concerned eyes.

"I'll be sure to do that, don't forget to call Veronica." I say and his face looks confused.

"Ok." he says and I walk downstairs and head to my car.

The ride to my mothers I keep the radio off and just feel tired. It wasn't like a sleepy tired, but it was like a tired of life tired. I didn't know the cause of this sudden feeling but just took deep breaths to ease up.

Going to my mothers I step in and Veronica is on her laptop. "Where's Chris?" I ask and she looks up smiling.

"Moms room and thanks for the Phil hook up." she grins and I walk to my mothers room. I exchange a hi and grab Chris. Walking back through the living room Veronica speaks up again. "We're going out to eat Saturday." she beams.

"That's great." I raise my brow to her and leave the house. The feeling of tiredness or whatever is back. Being back home I grade the few papers from today and then make dinner. After feeding Chris and bathing him, I put him to bed.

I slump across the living room and reach my bedroom. I take a quick shower and lay under the sheets.

I think through the day and my eyes grow heavier. Maybe it was the talk about relationships that threw me off. It wasn't that Phil shouldn't see Veronica, she just isn't his type. If I put two people together they might as well be compatible. It wasn't my issue to worry about but yet it affected me like it was my own.