Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving a day most anticipated, 1. You can eat however much you want and no one can judge you. 2. Family is There and they bring food 3. You get to eat.

I wake up and me and Chris eat fruit loops at the table. "Ready to eat later little guy." I smile and scoop the spoon into my mouth.

"I dunno." he shrugs and eats.

"Well we need to get ready so eat your cereal." I smile and finish my bowl. I let Chris play in the living room real quick while I go to my room. Thanksgiving isn't really formal for me so I will stick to the more casual side. I pull out a pair of jeans and blue shirt that's still comfortable but not too much on the casual side.

I walk back over and change Chris into something nicer speaking kids always look adorable dressed up. I drive to my mothers and when I walk to the kitchen it's a chaotic mess.

My mother is still opening corn cans and Veronica stands by the oven checking the turkey. "Oh great your here, grab an apron and start cooking" she instructs me.

"Hello to you too." I smile and head to the pantry. I slip on the white apron. "So when is dinner starting." I look to my mother.

"Oh around 6 when most of the guest come here." she smiles and dumps the corn into a container.

"Who exactly is coming?" I nudge at her.

"Well I invited Phil, our cousin Lily and Dan, their husbands and kids." she smiles and I look to her. She's lately been gushing about her relationship, it's hasn't even been a month since I've set them up.

After setting up the food we put it away to cook later and head to the living room. "How's Phil." my mother says and I wasn't sure if she was asking me or Veronica.

After an awkward silence Veronica just speaks up, "We've only gone to a few dates but he's really nice and funny." she then looks to me. "Isn't he funny Bethany."

"Funny looking yes, funny personality I could debate that." I shrug at her and continue to blow bubbles with Chris.

"Bethany not inside." my mother warns me.

"What's the issue it's bubbles I'll clean any mess that's made." I raise my brow at her.

"You've become moody lately haven't you." she bites at me.

"No mother I haven't been moody, you've just become more annoying." I roll my eyes at her. God I feel like a stupid teen, my mother annoys me and my sister just sits there watching us.

"Is it about Ryan." she sighs to me.

"Seriously mom you fucking kidding me right." I laugh at her. "I'm over him, I'm doing fine and frankly the only thing wrong is you right now. I'm going upstairs." I stand from the couch giving my mother one last glare before heading to my childhood room.

Walking in my same bed and sheets are still there from before I left to college. It's obvious my mother still cleans here not a speck of dust in sight. I lay down on my bed and just stare at the ceiling. I end up sleeping.

I wake up and Veronica is sitting on the bean bag in the corner. I look at the clock and it's 4 already, boy can I sleep.

"Bean bag comfortable." I smile at her.

"It's always been comfortable. Are you feeling better?" she says softly.

"Yes I'm fine Veronica, mom just pushes shit to far. She thinks everything is about Ryan, when in reality I'm fine and don't miss him." I say and she looks confused.

"But he was your love it's only been 6 months." she questions me.

"Yeah but I've been doing okay and it's not that I don't love him it's just that I'm ready to face life. Ryan was great but he would want me happy." I smile to her.