Visits

I leave Catherine and Chris at my moms speaking it's April and it's been a full 2 months since I've seen my old class. I drive to the school and park into visitors parking. Walking through the main building it's refreshing feeling that cool ac. I walk into the front office and the ladies go wild.

"What you doing back so soon." Christina laughs from behind the desk.

"Thought I would pay a visit since I won't be back until August." I laugh and sign in on the clip board.

"Well I hope you aren't to tired with the new kid and all that wedding planning." she smiles and takes the clipboard from my hands.

"I'm not planning a wedding." I tell her and her face goes blank.

"What I thought when Phil was talking about wedding crap during meetings he meant y'all's wedding." she squints.

"Nope he's actually marrying my sister." I laugh.

"Isn't that...strange." she chuckles. "Good luck with the new in-law I guess." she smiles and waves me off.

"No problem Christina." I sigh and stick the name tag to my chest. I step out the office and start making it down the hall to the flight of stairs. It's somewhat odd I'm mistaken for Phil's fiancé, I need people to stop thinking I was involved with him. It's not like he's a bad person but he just wasn't for me, it's something I decided and know.

Continuing down it's nice to see the familiar bulletin boards plastered with flyers and student work. I make it to the end of the hallway and start my way up to the second floor. I've been gone only 2 months but the place felt a bit foreign.

I make it up and walk down the hall to my old room. Lightly knocking I hear the room go silent. I hear the steps get close to the door and the knob finally latches. Phil covers the door view and he's smiling widely when he sees me.

"Hey you should've told me you were dropping by." he laughs and hugs me, a thing he never used to do.

"Yeah well thought I could reappear for a moment." I tell him and he steps aside.

"Your kingdom has been waiting." he smiles and pushes the door open. I see all the students smile and begin saying hi.

"Mrs.Patrick you came to visit." one of them yells.

"Yeah guys I thought maybe I should see how your wrapping up third grade." I laugh and walk around to all the desk.

"When are you coming back to teach." the ask.

"Oh well sadly I won't be here to finish the year but don't worry I'll be here for fourth grade science." I smile and they cheer. "So get to work that way you make it to the fourth grade." I nod and they all face down to their worksheets.

"Looks like they still obey." Steven laughs and bumps my side.

"Hey look who appeared." I laugh and look up at him. "How's the assisting going so far." I ask.

"Really great I can't wait until the new year where I don't start in the awkward middle." he sighs.

"Don't worry Phil says they love you." I assure him.

"That's cause they do." Phil walks beside me and looks down. "Where have you been in haven't seen you since last week." he whispers.

"Oh I was with Josh I was helping him plan Grace's birthday." I laugh.

"When is it." he asks.

"It's not until June but he wanted to plan some big trip." I tell him.

"Junes your birthday too." he reminds me.

"Yeah not really celebrating hugely." I sigh. "How's wedding planning." I look up.

"Oh well so far great just looking into silver ware and stuff." he explains.

"Sounds fun." I tease him.

"It isn't trust me." he sighs.

"I know Phil I've been married before." I remind him. "That crap takes too long hopefully next wedding it's easier." I tell him.

"Oh you and Josh planning." he asks.

"No I'm just saying in general." I shrug and I feel his stare on me.

"Sounds chill." he nods slowly.

"It will but for now worry on your wedding." I pat his back.

"I will I just seem to get distracted and get stuck thinking a lot." he whines.

"Sorry about that." I comfort him.

"Yeah me too." he sighs and I look into the familiar blue.

Authors Note!

Oh yeah I like this quick update. Hopefully you don't mind the extremely short chapter but yeah pls vote it. Also this wedding is getting so close, it's in December and it's April in the story!! Already got it planned out guys.

Xoxo

-Ann