She's Here

I open my eyes and the light slowly starts hitting me. Shit how long was I out. I look to the left and my mom and Veronica are passed out on chairs. Wonder if she's here, I haven't held her since the skin to skin.

I look over at the hospital crib and she is there. The nurse walks in all smiles.

"How are we Mrs.Patrick." she asks.

"Oh I'm fine just woke up." I tell her. "So when can I get out." I look at her.

"We suggest a good 2 more days just so we can ensure she's alright." she nods and picks up the clip board.

"Okay that sounds fair." I agree.

"So have you decided a name yet. " She smiles.

"I actually haven't got a clue." I shrug and feel the IV's move in my skin. I tend to worry about names until the end like with Chris that was just a quick thing, also Ryan's middle name but a quick idea. I really should think I mean do I want another C name, were there any C names. "Do you guys still have books of names." I nervously laugh.

"Yes of course, any specific letter." she asks.

"The C book please." I say and she exits the room. I lean back and watch as my mom and sister snore endlessly on the other side. I look around and take notice in the multiple balloons left in the corner. I don't remember the delivery or at least I don't remember the pain, I guess the pain killer kicked in.

I tap my fingers along my stomach that's flatten a little and hope I didn't gain baby weight. Last time with Chris all I had gained was 10 pounds after delivery but those were easily lost.

The nurse walks back in and hands me the book. "Here you go call me when you're done." she smiles and exits again.

I flip open the book and scroll through the pages. Cassie, Cassandra and Cathy are the first few. I flip back and forth until I hear someone step in. Looking up I see a smiling Phil. "Hey how you doing." he sits down at the chair next to me.

"I'm okay and she's okay." I assure him.

"She doesn't have a name yet does she." he laughs. "Here's a card, all the students signed it." he smiles and hands me the card. I open it and read the small messages that are left and the small list of names. I feel the tears welt and smile.

"Thank you." I sigh and look to Phil.

"No problem those kids love you." he smiles again.

"I know that's what makes it better, and I also promised photos Monday morning so we'll do that later." he smirks. Phil's eyes travel down to the book and he takes it from my hands. "C names huh."

"Yeah thought I would keep it simple." I tell him. He flips to a random page and points.

"Looks like it's Catherine." he chuckles.

"I actually like that." I take the book and look at the name.

"You can call her Cat for short, just like Beth is short for Bethany." he nods.

"Abbreviations are your strong point I joke around. The nurse walks back in and smiles.

"Decide on a name yet." she asks.

"Yeah we have, it's Catherine." I shut the book and hand it to her.

"Catherine Patrick I like it." Phil stands and walks to the crib. "The name suits her."

"Phil you're here." I suddenly hear Veronica jump.

"Yeah I've been here for a while." He laughs. "I didn't even notice you."

"Isn't that kind of you." she rolls her eyes and stands to hug him.

"I know I'm sorry bug." he laughs and lifts her up. "Maybe we could go for dinner real quick later." he looks down at her.

"Yeah defiantly." she nods and he plants a delicate kiss on the tip of her nose.

"If you don't mind I need Bethany to Breast feed." Dr.Yang finally walks in with Catherine in hands.

"Oh yeah I'm sorry come on Veronica." Phil pulls her arm.

"What about my mom." she points to the couch.

"She's out cold." he laughs and the two leave the room.

"Hey there how you feeling hun?" Dr.Yang sits down.

"I'm actually ok and ready to leave." I laugh.

"That's how every woman feels." she shakes her head. "Here how about you hold her." she smiles and hands me Catherine.

"She's so beautiful." I whisper to myself. I begin feeding her and start actually thinking. I now need to plan for two, I needed to start working hard and it's still important for me to show these two love. Perhaps I was doing it alone but I'm positive I'm doing alright.

Authors Note-

Heyyyy guys sorry but this is yesterday's update and I will update later today for Saturday. Ahhh I'm so excited to plan out this story progress. I'm not sure how much more chapters I'm planning to right but I'm hoping a good 20 more before we reach THE END. Hope you all are having a great day and don't forget to vote and read. Also what do y'all think of the name Catherine!!