Doesn't Matter

The Friday before thanksgiving break is the best, speaking each student and each teacher is awaiting that week long vacation. Then again I didn't want the month ending because that meant only getting closer to my delivery day.

The bell rings and me and Phil send the kids off telling them the typical 'Be Safe' card.

"Ready for a well deserved break." he laughs getting his bag from the closet.

"Isn't it obvious, it's a break and we get to eat like pigs one day." I joke at him. "What are you doing today anyways."

"Veronica wanted to go to dinner so I guess that." he shrugs stuffing folders into his bag.

Had I fail to mention Phil is dating Veronica. After the first date they started talking more. It wasn't until a second date that she asked Phil out, and he said yes. I remember when Veronica called me and told me the news, I was about to fall asleep when the phone rings. I picked up the phone and she spilled over saying how much fun Phil is and how he agreed to dating her. I didn't sleep much that night.

"What are you doing?" he asks looking up to me.

I look up and his blue eyes stare into mine and I sigh "I'll probably eat at my mothers then head home, usual Friday." I softly smile. It was the typical Friday, the typical life of a pregnant widow.

"Skip dinner at your mothers and come with me and Veronica." He looks at me and I'm confused.

"Sorry I don't really want to be the sappy third wheel." I laugh and wrap my bag over my shoulder. Me and Phil both start walking towards the parking lot.

"You're not the sappy third wheel, listen I can call my cousin he would love to be another third wheel." he smiles and we exit the building.

"Ah a dinner with the pregnant widow that's a good story." I nudge at him but when I lookup he's frowning.

"Come on Beth, stop calling yourself the pregnant widow. You are a great person, heck the best person I've met. Give yourself more credit anyone can see how amazing you are." he says to me and I press my lips together, I tend to do that when it feels awkward or I'm really nervous.

"Doesn't matter sorry Phil." I sigh and make it to my car.

"It does matter, just please come. I'll pick you from your house and then we can drive to the restaurant." he smiles.

"Fine what time." I sigh in defeat.

"Be ready by 6." he smirks before getting into his car.

.......

I don't pick up Chris from my parents and head home. By 5:30 I'm showered and my hair done simple just straight down my shoulders. Before changing the door bell rings. I open the door and Phil is standing there. "You look beautiful." he smile and I eye my outfit. I hadn't even changed yet, still wearing jeans and a sweater.

"I'm not ready yet," I laugh "and you're early."

"Yeah I thought I could rest here for a while." he shrugs and walks to the couch.

"Well you stay there and I will go change." I tell him before walking to my bedroom.

Taking out a simple navy dress that hugs my pregnant stomach,I slip on flats, don't want to risk my feet getting tired. I walk out and Phil stares at me as I walk to sit next to him. "You look beautiful." he smiles.

"So I've heard." I look at him. "Are we picking up Veronica or your cousin first." I ask him.

"They will be meeting us at the restaurant." he smiles.