Valentines Day

Catherine's only been home for about a week but she was born February 4th so she's only 10 days old.

After spending 2 of those days at the hospital we left and I got into routine. My mother is staying at my house for a couple months to help me and be my Ryan 2.0 which she's done alright in so far. I've been able to run for about 30 minutes and really my body didn't shape much from the pregnancy.

"How much weight you gain like 20 pounds." my mom points out.

"Uh yeah I would say a good 20-25 nothing that bad." I sigh. "Should be gone in 2 months."

"Well your old clothes still fit and you have dinner tonight with Josh." my mom flutters to my closet. I was planning on canceling because of the unexpected birth but what's one dinner date.

"I know you act like I had twins or something." I laugh as she lays out the clothes. "Do you have all the milk I pumped." I ask.

"Of course yes I have everything covered you act like I haven't had kids." she smacks her lips. "I think pink should be your color." she lifts the fabric.

"Well it is valentines day." I shrug.

"Bethany you need to act more excited." she scolds me. I'm more excited than I show off, I mean going on a blind day is what's fun right?

"I will be don't worry." I laugh. "I haven't even seen the guy so of course I'm excited. Speaking of that he'll be here in a hour so let me get ready." I brush her out the room and shut the door.

I comb my hair and it falls flat. I go to the bathroom and plug in the curling iron hoping to add volume. I curl my hair and brush through to soften them. I walk to the closet and just stand for a minute. I guess I could go to for the cliche Red dress. I pull out one I haven't worn it's red with short sleeves and a mid neckline. I slip on the dress and last time I remember it being looser the first time I tried it on. It's not uncomfortable I actually like the way I look.

I sit down in front of the mirror something I haven't done in months. I apply a light coat of mascara and a dab of lipstick that really made my lips 1 shade pinker, subtle yet effective.

I hear a knock and walk over to my mother. "Hey honey how's it going." she smiles.

"I'm done and still have a 5 minute wait, well I still need to slip on some shoes." I laugh and bend down to grab a pair of gold heels. The doorbell rings and my mom jumps up. "Hey hey no please I don't need my mother shadowing me." I tell her.

"But I wanted to say hi." she sighs.

"You can say hi some other time just not now." I promise her.

"Fine but I better meet this Josh soon." she crosses her arm like Chris whenever he's upset.

"You will okay bye." I wave and grab my purse.

I walk towards the door and open it and finally see the man I've been talking to. I look up and he smiles, his hair is a light brown and his hazel eyes stare into mine. "Hey Bethany." he's quick to hug me and I can feel his built body.

"I'm guessing you're Josh." I laugh.

"Well unless you were planning another date then yes I'm josh." he smiles. He's much taller than me and I seem to like that.

"So did Sam ever tell you where we were going or something." I ask him as we walk to his car.

"Well yeah we are going to some place downtown I've never heard of but be says the reviews are fantastic." he laughs.

"Really what's it called." I look up.

"It's really just a simple Olive Garden he reserved ahead of time." Josh sighs. "But hey I love Italian food." he laughs and opens my car door.