Moment

I pull on my dress and pull up the final strands of hair up.

"Ah not bad Bethany." Sam claps and walks behind my reflection in the mirror.

"You're insane."I laugh and push down the sides of the dress sticking up.

"You look great don't worry." he nods his head.

"Why are we even going to the wedding suddenly?" I sigh and turn to face Sam.

"Cause I got last minute guilt. If I miss it I'll regret it." he laughs and adjusts his tie.

"Well church starts in 5 minutes, plus we have 20 minute drive." I pull his elbow and we step out the door.

~~~~

We circle around the street for 5 minutes and I finally spot a parking space. "Well at least we'll make the I Do's." I laugh and check the time on my phone.

"That's exactly what we just needed to watch." Sam gets up and we exit the car. We lock hands and cross the busy street. "Hey before we go in I wanted to say a quick sorry." he sighs and straightens his back.

"Sorry for what." I tilt my head.

"For this... for Phil." He softens his voice.

"I can't blame anyone but myself." I laugh and press my lips together. I quickly click up the steps of the church and the doors flash open.

My sight takes me directly to the center while everyone's sight has been directed to me. Despite the interruption the pastor continues with his words and I walk forward to an empty row. I look behind my path and see Sam squeezing himself between some of the grooms men.

"Now it's time for the important stuff." the pastor smiles at Phil and Veronica. I find my heart racing and also find myself standing slowly from my seat. "Phil you do understand marriage is a commitment." he looks at Phil. "And You must be sure Veronica is the one you want to spend your life with. Whether it be in sickness or health, richness or poor you are agreeing that she's the one." the pastor taps at her shoulder. I slowly begin to step backwards and find my way back to the two large wooden doors. "Now Phil do you take up those promises and choose to marry Veronica." he smiles and my feet glue themselves to the carpet.

His head slightly turns and he faces the obvious direction that is mine. "Bethany." he sighs.

"Yes." I stand up staring and remove my hand from the door.

"What do you think." he swallows harshly.

I look around and look at Veronica who has fist clenched and face flushed with anger.

I take a step to face forward. "Veronica loves you and she's literally 100 feet above the ground in love with you Phil. She's put in effort for your attention unlike me. The best decision is to just continue with the ceremony." I pause and see Phil bite his lip. "But I've been a door mat and let her take what I know is mine. Constantly I've battle the idea that you've floated around my mind and I'm a horrible person for letting you see me be in a relationship with other people. It's idiotic of me to stop the perfect wedding but it's not completely crazy when I know it's not the perfect couple." I start stepping forward as the words spill through my mouth. "I've said I love you millions of time in my head but never have the power to say them in person. Since our interview with Katy I knew I loved you, or at least I knew you were able to fix my broken love. Everyday I acted as if I didn't care but those were just boundaries that I kept up, although you don't deserve my love I think you should stop." I stop talking when I'm on the step below Phil's. "This is my I love you." I look up with tears welted in my eyes.

Phil looks down and smiles with the familiar calm blue in his eyes. "I knew all of that by the way." he laughs. "But Bethany please understand when I say this, I don't love you."

That moment, this moment I feel the million of tears warm my cheeks. "But I thought you did." I whisper and Phil smiles wiping under my eyes.

"I did love you, in fact I was at a point of obsession." he laughs. "But there's a point where you feel empty love from someone that you give up. Trust me I never wanted to give up, I always thought of you." he tears up. "You made me happy but I found new happiness with Veronica. Yet you still have the power to tug on my heart, which I absolutely hate but also love."

"Phil." I whimper.

"Please understand that if it doesn't happen now it will later." he whispers to where I only hear.

The church stays at a quiet for a minute and the pastor looks down to Phil. "So do you."

"I don't actually." he scratches his arms and skips down the steps.

Author's Note

Boy wasn't that just the fairy take ending. Actually it isn't the ending so yeah. Write comments of what you think of this little show.

Xoxo -Ann