Rehearsal

December~~~

I pull Catherine's dress over her head and she smiles looking at the sparkling fabric. "Are you sure it's a good idea for her to wear the dress today." Josh tickles Catherine.

"Seems okay I mean it's just rehearsal." I smile and adjust Catherine's bow.

"Real deal happening tomorrow aren't you excited." he rushes and pats my shoulders. Of course I'm excited I mean my sister is finally getting married. Oddly there is some guilt feeling that kicks in but I've ignored it. These past months really just been normal, nothing but work and house hunting.

"Mom ready." Chris reaches for my hand and I smile.

"Of course I'm just waiting for you!" I laugh. "Are you ready Chris?" I ask and he nods.

Grace stands from her chair and we all walk out to my car.

-------

Getting to the church I walk in and get caught up in the twinkling of the candles. Down the aisle I finally see Phil talking to the priest and the grooms men and bridesmaids lined along the side.

"Still can't believe you didn't want to be a bridesmaid." Josh nudges at me.

"It's really no honor to be one." I smirk and walk over to the row we were assigned.

It's about 30 minutes where I'm just watching over Chris being the ring bearer that I'm actually here for. This wedding honestly was too shoved up my face and Veronica keeps repeating how "amazing" tomorrow will be.

But how exactly will it be amazing. Here I am single and still the widow. I shouldn't even be complaining since I'm the one who broke up with Josh back in August.

Although we did break up we still hang out speaking Chris and Grace really like each other. I thought maybe Josh would work but apparently not and my mother explains how I have too many short romances.

"Hey Bethany come over here for a second." Sam waves his hand from his position on the alter.

"And what do I owe this pleasure to." I smile and walk up the few steps.

"How's your day going." he reaches for my hand.

"It's been boring and I don't know what I'm still doing here." I let out a big sigh and Sam laughs.

"Then let's just bail." Sam pulls my elbow and whispers.

"You're crazy." I laugh and he smirks.

"You don't want to be here and neither do I." He continues with the idea.

"I'll consider." I look at him.

"Deals open for 5 more seconds." he squeezes my arm.

I look at him and see the dark behind his eyes. "What's up for tomorrow then." I creek a smile.

Author's Note

I know I'm horrible for not updating in forever. Honestly updating has always crossed my mind but I've always procrastinated. Through this chapter which I know is short I've made some altercations to where the story is headed. Hopefully y'all don't murder me for what's to come.

Xoxo- Ann