New Years.

There's only a hour left until we ring in the new year. I'm sitting in the living room as everyone else I outside. Dallas isn't really a cold place but I rather cozy up on the couch.

I scan through the channels and stop at the New Years countdown. A new year really has many meaning behind it, lots which include commitment.

Lately I haven't been one to really stay committed to an idea but I partly blame the pregnancy brain. I wasn't moving to Dallas, for now at least I mean I could give Houston another go. I could give Phil a go now that I sorta admitted to myself I have feelings. He really was my other half, he's who I was meant to find after Ryan.

Geez all these things rambling in my head couldn't possibly be healthy. These thoughts are what distract me but the thoughts are also about happy things.

I drive away from my thoughts and focus on the television. "Big show starting in 40." Bryan sits next to me.

"I'm not that excited." I shrug at him, I really just needed to get back to Houston.

"Mind stuck on something, or someone?" he asks.

"What you're insane, but I'm not denying or conforming anything about what you just said." I laugh.

"Listen I could drive you to Houston in the morning." he smiles.

"Really you'd drive 4 hours south to take me back home." I widen my eyes to him.

"Sure my New Years resolution is to help more people anyways." he laughs. "We leave at 11." he stands and walks back outside. It's like the idea of heading back giddied me up because I now find my feet leading me to the back yard. "It's about time you join us." Bryan laughs.

"I'm not really into fireworks but for the New Year I'll pep up a little more." I laugh. It's not the New Year yet but there are a few fireworks that spread themselves across the night sky. It's honestly a beautiful sight.

"So you're giving Houston another shot." Rebecca whispers to me.

"Yeah it's been a bit confusing but I'm giving it another year." I sigh and she frowns. "But don't worry I'll be sure to visit often, you won't go longer than a month without seeing Chris." I reassure her and she smiles.

"Thanks that helps a little more." she nods her head. Our eyes gaze back up to the illuminated sky and the fireworks come to an end.

"3 minute countdown." Bryan cheers and begins setting up his little firework fiasco. I grab Chris from the playground and hold him up.

"Ready for a new year." I smile at him.

"Happy New Years." he giggles.

"Not yet buddy we still have a minute." I scruff his hair and Bryan starts counting down. "It's going to get loud so don't be scared okay buddy." I kiss his head and hand him to Rebecca, curse my tiredness.

"15 second countdown." Bryan yells. And we all join him in unison

"10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2....I Cherished that last second and images of the year flash through my mind. "One." I finally close my eyes and here the various bangs and booms.

A.N.

Sorry for the short chapter guys! But I'm starting to think about endings already, there's lots I've came up with! Sadly it's hard to decide so I guess we'll see what happens. I'm assuming another 10 chapters left not sure but yeah.

Sorry this was a long A.N. but the next chapter has a slight twist so there's a heads up.