Chapter 1 ▪ Bus Stop

"You~ I know you hear and see and feel me~" The ghost bothered the reviewing boy.

"Kim. Tae. Hyung. What an ugly name you have." She laughed while pointing to his name plate.

'김태형'

"My name is Goo. Hae. Ji. We're from the same school. " She pointed to her name plate pinned on her uniform somehow similar to his.

'구해지'

"Kim Taehyung-ssi!" She keeps on poking his shoulder. "I know you just transferred to this school last week when I started haunting you~"

"Yah! You ghost! Go away! I'm reviewing for the finals!" He got annoyed so he stood up from his seat and making the ghost startled. He fixed his eyeglasses and continued reviewing alone in the classroom.

"Taehyungie-oppa, why are you shouting and who are you talking to?" Dasom, his ex-girlfriend entered the classroom and just like that, the ghost vanished from his eyesight.

"Ah. Nothing. Why do you care so much, huh? Please, don't call me that. You're a lot older than me. Also, don't call me Taehyungie. That name is for my friends only. You're nothing close to that."

Taehyung started seeing her last week but she said she's roaming around since last month.

When Haeji started to appear, it somehow made his heart at peace.

••

"Kim Taehyung-ssi! Here!" The ghost yelled from the other side of the road, waving cheerfully.

He crossed the road on the way to the bus stop and her.

"Taehyung-ssi, how's school? Wah, I want to study too." She said but sadly, he didn't respond.

The bus came and they both went inside. Taehyung made her carry his backpack to make people see that the seat's occupied and brought his phone to his ear.

"What do you want?" He asked her but it looks like he's talking to someone on the phone while looking at her.

'Me?' She mouthed and he nodded secretly.

"I just want to be friends with you. That's all." Her lips curved upward.

"No, I don't want. Why would I want to be friends with you? You're a ghost. We shouldn't co-exist."

"Because you get so many benefits." She winked.

"Oh, really? Like what?" He raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Like having someone beside you always and I'll protect you from other ghosts. I just realized that I'm quite good at fighting."

"How did you know that?"

"Oh really? Ghosts pester you a lot? I guess I was a fortune teller back then." She chuckled.

"Is it my fault that I'm handsome?" The deadly smirk girls can't resist appeared on his lips.

"Stop it. Look, I'm cringing already."

"Anyway, by any chance, do you know how you..." Taehyung acted like he's dying.

"Ah-oh," She laughed at his bad acting. "Sadly, I don't remember anything."

"Good thing you have your nameplate." he told her.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"No?..."

Haeji squinted her eyes and examined his face. "You seem unsure."

"Then, no. I mean, I used to have when I knew she was bullying people and almost killed someone by a car she owns, I don't know if the girl is okay or not but I hope she is."

He chuckled. "I despise her a lot from that day, I knew her deadly sins. I transferred to her school when I broke up with her after a month. I don't want her to bully other students since I was bullied back then. I don't want other people to feel how I felt back then yet I'm glad someone was there beside me but sadly, I lost track of her and eventually, I forgot her name and how she looks like but I still remember how her deep brown eyes look like."

"I hope the girl's fine. But, do you still love her?"

Taehyung heaved a sigh. "No... I don't know. Most probably, no."

"We aren't friends yet, but you're telling me all these things? Don't worry, let's move on, okay? Do you have any friends and who are they? I'd like to meet them someday."

"Jimin. Namjoon. Hoseok. Yoongi and many more from other schools and classes." he informed her.

"Wah, so plenty, do you mind counting me in?"

"Fine, just don't bother me too much, okay?"

"Of course. Do you have an extra bedroom?"

"Why?"

"I miss sleeping on a comfy bed. All I sleep on is just a cardboard or just the floor itself."

"So, it's true that ghosts still sleep." he chuckled.

"Of course, it's true. We get tired, too."

He laughed again. "May I just remind you that you're dead, Ms. Goo Haeji?"

"Sleeping is an essential to us, too. Why does it bother you so much?"

"Okay, then. You can take the couch. I have my brother as my roommate but don't worry he's good and kind. He also sees ghosts like you. Or else you want to sleep with me." He winked seductively.

"Eww, yuck." She scrunched her nose. "Never in my whole lif- oh yeah, I'm dead. So sad." She frowned. She was hoping he'd give his bed to her as a gentleman he should be.

They arrived at the bus stop and exited the bus.

"I'm gonna enter Kim Taehyung-ssi's house~" She sang while hopping like a little kid leaving the snail-like Taehyung behind.

"Hey, there's a car coming!" Taehyung panickly warned her.

"Don't worry, I'm dead." He forgot the fact that she doesn't exist in this world anymore. The car passed within her and nothing happened, of course.

After minutes of walking, they finally arrived his apartment. It was different from other houses.

She tried to look at the window but failed.

"Why is this apartment complex so high?" She walked towards and sat across him.

"Why? You want to leave? Go." Taehyung said, trying to focus on reviewing.

Haeji got sleepy so she leaned her head on the table and drifted to dreamland.

"Yah, ghost," He called but she didn't reply. He looked up at her resting face.

"You look so pretty for a ghost." Taehyung put away the soft brown hair covering her attractive face.

"Taehyung-ah, I'm home." Seokjin yelled.

"Yes, hyung, I'm here at the kitchen." He yelled back.

"What do you want for dinner, Taehyu- oh- another virgin ghost I think." His hyung, Seokjin saw the ghost sleeping across him.

"No, hyung. She's my new friend ghost, Haeji."

"Oh, and she knows her name too? Interesting." He took a seat beside Taehyung.

"Please let her sleep on your bed. Eomma and appa won't like it if we treat ghosts like her nicely."

Taehyung sighed. "Sometimes, I hate that our parents are so kind even to dead things just because they can see them."

• •

"Good morning, Taehyung-ssi!" She said cheerfully while exiting his room.

"Good morning to you, too, ghost." He just woke up from his uncomfortable slumber on the couch.

"Have you slept well?" Haeji took a seat on the floor across the coffee table and the couch.

"Yes, I did." He replied sarcastically while brushing his brown hair. "What breakfast do you want? Oh yeah hyung-nim isn't here since he has a shift in the hospital's emergency room."