Chapter 5 ▪ Pink Dress

She got to the playground and sat on a swing, pondering how she put her strength on Taehyung. It's impossible but she did it, how?

Her thoughts got lost when someone sat on the swing next to her. A boy who has brown hair with fair white skin. Closest to cute and handsome so she decided to play with him.

"You look cute, do you know that? Wah, I wish you can hear me so someone will tell you that you look so cute." The boy smiled while staring at the ground. "You have a cute eye smile though. You look like a bunny too. I still hope you can hear and see me."

"I finally found you, Haeji-ah..." He looked at her.

"Me?" He nodded.
"You can see me?" He nodded.
"Really?" He nodded.
"How did you know my name beforehand?"

"I know you since then."

"But, how?"

"We were friends before." He stood up. He lied.

"Oh, really? How did the two of us meet?" Curiosity is taking over her.

He stood up and walked away, "How can I meet you again?"

"I'll find you."

He left her alone and dumbfounded.

••

She arrived at the apartment and saw Taehyung lying on his tummy with a cold compress resting on his butt cheeks.

"Seokjin, if you need anything, I'll just be at the rooftop." She said and left to the rooftop.

Haeji sat on the parapet with her legs dangling on the edge of the building.

Thoughts flooded through her mind like, 'How did I die?', 'Was I abused?', 'Did I commit suicide?', 'Was I rich?', 'Was I murdered to death?', 'Did someone hostage me?', 'Does my parents know I died?' 'Was my boyfriend hotter than Taehyung?' 'Was I homosexual?' 'From where am I?'

It took her almost an hour or two to analyze things and for the second time around, her thoughts got cancelled again. Her uniform turned into a pink dress she saw in Myeongdong days ago, she also noticed smoke coming from the other side of the rooftop so she walked there to find out.

She saw Taehyung with a big can and burning something which seems to be the dress she's wearing now.

She was about to speak when Taehyung left her and the burning dress but she followed him.

She also stopped when he halted. "Happy?"

"Why? Am I supposed to be?" She threw a  question instead of an answer.

"Listen to this, okay... you are the best thing that happened in my life. Does that make sense to you or I need to explain it again?" Haeji was speechless and shocked. She can't reply to his statement. "I reall- no, just put it like this... you're my heart shaker. You mess with my heart when you do such things like, showing me your gummy smile, laughing, throwing jokes. I feel happy when you're happy. I'm sad when you are too. I'm smiling more oftenly these past few days and that's because of you." He sighed in defeat. "Call me a fool but I fell in love with a ghost named Goo Haeji." He turned his back, ready to leave.

Haeji stopped him. "The feeling is mutual, Kim Taehyung... how dare you shake my heart too? How dare you give me a smirk that can end an innocent person's life? How dare you walk around half-naked? How dare you make my pale cheeks into crimson red? How dare you make me fall in love with you?" She walked closer to his confused face. "You bad living organism! You made me fall for you too."