Chapter 9 ▪ Remember me.

Weeks have past when that happened. Haeji is not as cheerful as before which made Taehyung worry. She'd decline every proposal Taehyung made to cheer her up again. She also told her boyfriend that if she possesses a person, she'll be weak afterwards.

Taehyung decided to surprise Haeji by bringing her again to the amusement park, the one he would've done weeks ago. The amusement park where someone kissed someone who's in a relationship already.

'Maybe she'd become cheerful again.' He thought.

The sun set and the moon appeared meaning it's already night time. It's time to bring her to the amusement park and bring happy face back.

"Haeji-ssi? Where are you?" He opened the door to his room to find her but to no avail.

He tried to find her everywhere but there's no clue of her, becoming eager to find his girlriend so he sat for a while and he thought of some other places where she could be until a place went to his mind.

The Rooftop.

Taehyung took the stairs to the rooftop since it'll take a lot of time if he'll wait for the elevator. Imagine seeing someone running from the 11th floor to the 30th floor which is the rooftop just to be sure that his girlfriend is safe. You'd also want a Taehyung for yourself.

He arrived at the rooftop to see her kneeling down on the cement with tears flowing from her eyes. Taehyung quickly ran to Haeji and hugged her.

"Taehyung-ah..." She managed to say through the sobs. "It's time..."

"Time for what...?" The teary-eyed Taehyung asked having no idea but just seeing his girlfriend cry is enough to make him cry too.

"It's my time to go... I love you so much. Gomawoyo..." Haeji said.

"No, don't leave, don't leave me please..." He pleaded like it will change anything he wants.

"Promise me you'll never think of me again. Never ever cry for me anymore, never cry for the moon. Enjoy your life while you still live. Do everything you can do. Find someone who will love you as much as I love you, also regret loving me because it'll cause you more trouble. I love you too much and I can't still let go of you and our memories together."

"I do too but I can't... and you know just I can't. I love you too much too." He sighed. "No, don't leave me yet. I'll do anything to get you back again..."

"My time's running out... but just promise me one thing."

"Promise what?" He noticed her fingers started to vanish like sand in the windy night.

"Promise me that you'll find me in my next life. Please... remember me. I'll wait for you. I'll love you more than I love you now. Be happy, Kim Taehyung."

"I do. I promise, I promise. Please give me one last kiss before we say our last goodbye."

They kissed until Haeji completely disappeared. From her fingers to her toes until she isn't visible to anyone anymore. He shouted her name again and again hoping, wondering if she'll come back again.

Maybe destiny isn't on our side, my dear, Haeji. I'll find you.

Her monitor suddenly beeped continuously and loudly saying she's in danger. Her unconscious body is becoming lifeless. The nurses came in within a second and tried to revive her. The doctor also went in with the defibrillator.

Jungkook can't help the tears flowing from his eyes just by seeing his girlfriend close to death. He never cried in front of his girlfriend before but now, he just can't stop those tears. Jungkook just prayed in front of the glass separating the crying family and the panicked doctors with the dying patient.

Jungkook mumbled somethings in his prayer, "Don't leave me yet, I still have to marry you and love you more. We still have to raise our own versions of ourselves. Please don't go yet."

His prayers were heard and Goo Haeji eventually opened her eyes with a tear falling down.

"Kim Taehyung..."