Chapter 11 ▪ Missing you

[3 years later]

"Appa, I'll just go somewhere, okay?" Haeji informed her father.

It's been a while after the incident, Haeji tried her best to move on and forget the past, although she can't. Unfortunately, she and Jungkook had broken up due to unexpectable circumstances.

"Sure but do you want me to go with you? Besides, where are you going?" Her father asked.

"No, it's alright! No need for you to know. Take care! I'll be back tonight!" She went out of the door and ran to the bus stop.

The bus stop.

She remembered a lot of memories her. Memories of the two of them together. This is where they had their first proper conversation.

She was wearing a pink dress, similar with the one on her dreams.

Today, after all, she will go somewhere she wanted to go to. It was the result of all her hard work.

Goo Haeji will go to the late Kim Taehyung's house. After she asked him and her father's batchmates, all she research about the death of Kim Taehyung. Today, it will all be answered.

It will only require a lot of time going there but she's willing to take the risk.

The bus she's riding passed by the theme park they wanted to go to and the hospital where Seokjin was working. Haeji recalled all their moments together in those places.

Whether it was sad, happy or miserable, she treasured them all.

She went down on the exact bus stop where it all started. She walked to Kim Taehyung's school which was also an important place in their relationship.

Kim Taehyung's apartment complex in her dreams was a bit far from where she'll go to but she wants to reminisce their moments. Especially on the rooftop.

Haeji hailed a taxi to his apartment complex.

When she arrived there, she couldn't help but cry a bit. They spent most of their time together here.

She rode the elevator going up to the rooftop.

The rooftop.

The most important place in their relationship. Where they were happy, sad, excited, mad, angry and most importantly, where she left Kim Taehyung in her dreams.

Her favorite thing to do when she's there is to sit on the parapet and let her legs swing.

Korea's cold breeze is exactly what she need to complete it.

She leaned back with her two arms supporting her and sniffed the pleasant air.

It was already 3 o'clock and it was time to go since it'll take an hour going to his house.

She again hailed a taxi going to his house.

She's a bit nervous because it was her ex-lover's home. Happy because it will answer all the questions inside her head. Sad because it will remind her everything they've been through. It was a perfect example of mixed emotions.

An hour have passed an she was standing in front of his big house. It was ancient but it was beautiful.

She knocked on the door and it was an old lady who she assumed was Taehyung's mother.

"Yes, beautiful lady, how may I help you?" The woman flashed a smile.

"Well, I'm looking for Mrs. Kim. Is that you?" Haeji smiled back.

"I am her. Come on in." She entered the house and the first thing she saw was a big staircase. They were indeed rich.

Mrs. Kim lead her to the living room and they both sat on the sofa.

"So, what do you need, dear?" She smiled again.

"Uhm, if you don't mind telling, can you tell me more about your late son, Kim Taehyung?" Haeji asked really wanting to know his whole story.

"Oh, sure. No trouble but I would like to know why you want to know."

"It's because I was curious of his life story and I am his batchmate's daughter and he told me the half of his story but it was quite a cliffhanger so I asked about you and gave me your address." She half-lied.

"Okay, I'll start. Well, Taehyung is my youngest among 2 sons. He always wanted to be a doctor like his older brother, Seokjin. The two is inseparable since then due to their age difference was a bit small. They always got along with each other but too bad, our Taehyung died. A car crash, specifically. A stupid driver sped up and hit my son's car. It was a large impact. When I saw him inside the car, lifeless, his head was leaning on the steering wheel with so much blood. We tried to revive him but he was dead on the spot." She stopped and some tears flowed from her eyes. Haeji noticed it and comforted her.

"Ma'am, if you don't want to continue, it's fine. I understand." Haeji informed her and she shook her head like she wants to continue.

"His brother, Seokjin, named his eldest son Taehyung. He really loved Taehyung so much. Seokjin really tried to revive him but it was no use. He blamed himself for his death because he asked Taehyung to bring food to the hospital where he was working when that accident happened. He said that if only he wasn't selfish enough to make him bring food to him, he wouldn't have asked Taehyung to bring it." She sobbed, "Our life after his death never became better. He was our mood maker, our sunshine, our everything. He would've been a successful engineer."

•••

She toured around his house while Taehyung's mom is preparing dinner for her. She said she was fine but she insisted.

Then there it was. A large frame with Kim Taehyung's picture. She never expected they would put up this picture of him.

Haeji cried in front of the picture and she buried her face on her knees.

It was really sad seeing the one you love after a year.

She felt someone stand near her but she still didn't move.

"Why are you crying in front of my late uncle's portrait?" The voice is somehow familiar to her.