Chapter 4 ▪ Couple's seat

Him:

I forgot the fact that I was the one to sleep on the couch and not her.

I asked her to sleep on the bed instead of me and she agreed fastly since she's still half asleep.

"Stay." With that one word, I lied down beside her and slept. I feel sorry for neglecting her, for yelling at her.

I noticed her shivering so I hugged her. She buried her face on my chest and we both fell asleep.

••

I woke up not feeling her beside me. I went out, still not here. I asked hyung, he doesn't know.

I walked around the neighborhood in my pajamas and without washing my face. People must think that I'm crazy but the only thing I want now is to see her.

I kept walking around other neighborhoods, not caring about how cold it is when I saw her staring at a dress in a store.

"Haeji!" I called. She looked around to see me and smiled. I ran to her and hugged her immediately. "I thought I lost you." After some time, she pulled away.

"I'm sorry. I just walked around the neighborhood and didn't notice the time." She apologized.

"No, I'm sorry for yelling at you yesterday and for not offering my room to you."

"It's okay. I had a great sleep last night."

I looked at the mannequin with the pink dress on it.

I had an idea.

••

After I took a bath, I took her to Myeongdong.

"W-What are you doing?" She stuttered when I suddenly hugged her. Don't worry, I just need to know what her size is. But, I'm enjoying her warmth. Even if she's a ghost. "Yah! People are staring at you!"

"Let them." Yet, I pulled away. "How about we watch movies after taking a walk here?"

"Sure."

••

It's been half an hour when we started strolling around Myeongdong. We intertwined our fingers but it seems like she doesn't care.

My legs are killing me but seeing her smile at little things eases my pain.

"Taehyung-ah! Look there's a cute clip there!" She squealed.

I picked clips that I thought match her but one stood out.

When I was about to pick it, she ran away. I looked at where she was heading to and it was a bunny mascot.

"Ahjumma, how much for these?"

"₩1500 for all of that."

"I'll take it." I smiled.

"Are you buying it for your girlfriend?" She asked while packing the clips.

"I wish she was." I looked back at her still playing the man in the bunny costume.

••

"I'll buy a ticket for Gonjiam Haunted Asylum."

"Yes, sir, what seat?"

"The couple's seat."

"But sir, if you want to seat there, we have to double the price."

"It's fine." I looked at her sitting on the chair, smiling.

"Kim Taehyung?" Someone called me. I looked at where the voice is coming from and saw Hyunkyoung. "Will you watch the scary movie too?"

I nodded, "Are you alone?" I nodded again and saw Haeji, frowning.

I sat beside her and waited for the people inside the movie house come out.

When Haeji was about to speak, Hyunkyoung went up to me, "Taehyung-ssi, there's no vacant seat except for the one beside you. By any chance, can I sit beside you? I'll pay for the seat next to you."

Haeji nodded for me to agree.

"You can sit beside me. Even if you don't pay for it, it's okay. You've been a good senior to me anyway."

••

In the middle of the movie I kept on glancing at Haeji to see if she's okay or not. She's sitting on the floor, watching the scary movie when she stood up and exited the movie house.

I was about to follow her when Hyunkyoung held me back. "Where are you going?"

"I forgot I have to run an errand for my brother. I'm sorry I have to leave but I owe you one." I smiled and proceeded to follow her out while people are screaming because of the movie.

"Goo Haeji!" I yelled to call her and she looked back. "Where are you going?"

"I'll go home. You seem to have fun watching the movie. Go back to her now." She tried walked away again but this I pulled her by the hand for her to crash into my arms.

"What do y-you think you're d-doing?" She's cuter when she stutters. The cutest, actually.

"Yah, pull away!" She pushed but I didn't budge.

"Go away!" She managed to push me and I landed on the floor. Such a small girl with great strength. "I'm sorry." She vanished after seeing what she have done. It's her first time that she can put her strenth on me.

I got up and noticed all people around me are staring. Like I'm a crazy person. Maybe I am.