Chapter 7 ▪ Jungkook

Her:

I stayed over at Jungkook's apartment. We had talked non-stop until I need to get home since I know Seokjin would be worried. Why do I forget my problems when I'm with him

I decided to go back to Seokjin's apartment after I finish my breakfast here at Jungkook's.

••

"Good Morning, Seokjin..." I greeted not in my best tone.

"Good Morning, Haeji-ssi. Why do you sound like that? Why aren't you cheerful like always?"

My eyes fell to the couch where he is sleeping.

"Why is he sleeping on the couch?" I took a slice of beef as I sat on the dining table looking at him.

"I think he waited for you all night." He sighed. "Tell me, Haeji, did you two fight? Something's off since last night. You didn't come home too. Yoh can always tell me the problem." Seokjin asked.

"I just went somewhere." I replied lazily.

"Where?" A raspy voice from behind spoke.

"Oh, dongsaeng, you're awake!"

"I'm asking you, Goo Haeji." I still won't face him after what he horribly did.

"Seokjin, I'll just be in the bedroom. Just tell me if you need anything."

I walked to his room but he shouted my name really loudly.

"Just talk to me when you have time. You seem very busy with someone else. In case you want to know, I'm not cheating on you. Do you think I'll do the same thing you did? I'm not like you." This time I went through his room's door leaving him. I forgot that I have those powers.

••

His:

"What did you do this time, Tae?" He asked with an eyebrow raised up.

"Well, I-"

"Sit." He commanded. My hyung can be the sweetest brother you'll always want to have although he can be the most serious and most strict brother you'll never want to have.

"Yesterday, was our second monthsary. I was planning to spend our date in the amusement park since she told me she wanted those dates before though we have a get together with my batchmates and seniors. I told her to go there 5PM. My seniors didn't want me to leave even if it's quarter to 8 already. Hyunkyoung sunbaenim was drunk when I told her I was leaving so she freaked out and threw her empty bottle of soju behind me. She picked it up but was pushed by another customer. I had to bring her to your hospital and there you told me to bring her home which caused me more trouble. I didn't take her home right after that, I commanded the driver to bring us to the amusement park we're supposed to meet. I found her inside the capsule, crying when Hyunkyoung pulled me into a kiss. Eventually, Haeji saw us and of course. You know what happened."

"YOU DITCHED MY POOR HAEJI, YOU JERK?! AND YOU ALSO KISSED ANOTHER WOMAN INSTEAD OF HER?!" Now, he's the one who's freaking out. He started to chase me around like a furious mother to his troubled son. He's on her side instead of her brother's. What a hyung. Though, I know it's my fault.

••

1. 2. 3. 4. How many hours do I still have to wait for her to get out of that do- oh, nevermind.

"Haeji-ssi..." I called trying to allure her with my deep voice. I know she likes that. "I'm very sor-" She went somewhere again. Gosh, where does she go everytime she vanishes? This is the only place she knows and can stay in or is it? I want to talk to her so badly.

Her:

"Jungkook!" I yelled to capture his attention whose on the tv watching Law of the Jungle.

"Haeji-ssi! Why are you here again?" He stuffed popcorn inside his mouth.

"I don't want to talk to him yet..." I flopped down on the couch with him.

"You can stay here for as long as you want." He turned off the tv and walked to the kitchen.

"What'll you do?" I peeked and saw him getting potatoes from the cabinet.

"I'll cook for my dear guest." He winked.

••

In the middle of our eating session, someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it, wait." Jungkook stood up and I stood up too.

Once he opened the door a sweaty Taehyung appeared. I hid behind the door the eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Who are you?" Jungkook asked.

"Is Haeji in here?" It's Taehyung. I know his voice too much.

"No..." He looked at me behind the door, "Are you Taehyung?"

"Yes, I'm her boyfriend." I went to his apartment once he replied within a second.

"Seokjin.." I called while he's vacuuming.

"Annyeong, Haeji-ssi. I thought Taehyung went out to find you."

"Oh, really? I went here alone though. Goodnight." I was about to walk to his bedroom when Seokjin stopped me.

"Please talk to Taehyung. He knew he made a mistake and swore that he won't do it again. Just give him this chance, okay?"

Fine.