Chapter 8 ▪ End of Time

Instead of locking up in his room, she waited for him to come home but it's already midnight and he's not yet here.

After a few minutes, the front door opened and he went in.

Haeji opened the lights and saw the bruises and cuts on his face. "Taehyung-ah... what happened?"

"Are you really together with that guy?" Even his breath smells intoxicated.

"No! Of course not! What the hell? Who told you that shit?"

"Then why did you sleep over at his place, huh? Tell me, does ghosts cheat to-" She shouted for him to stop immediately.

"Don't you think I have the right to accuse you of cheating?! You fucking ditched me on our date and kissed another girl! Actually, no, ghosts don't cheat." She breathed out, "Because the last time I checked, I have no boyfriend to cheat on. Our last day was on our 2nd monthsary which was 2 days ago. Go sleep in your room... I won't stay here any longer. I'm sorry but I think it's better for us to be friends only. Having a ghost as a girlfriend will only hurt you, and bring more trouble to you. It'll ruin your schedule more." She turned back.  "'Til we meet again, Kim Taehyung. I had so much fun. Thank you for the 2 months, 2 days and 4 hours. Also, I thank you for the unforgettable experience. I'll miss those memories with you even I'm dead." She disappeared just like that. Taehyung came back to his senses and he punched the wall next to him. His fists are now wounded due to the big impact. Who knew he would lose his girlfriend just by saying that?

••

"I have a question... why can't you go possess other people?" Jungkook asked while looking up the sky while drinking banana milk.

"Because I tried it once and I became weaker and my fingers started fading so I stopped possessing. Maybe if I try it again, that will be the last time here."

"Oh, but, why are you here again, miss?"

"I broke up with him." Haeji sat down on the bare grass like what he did while wiping the almost-dried tears left on her cheeks.

"You did what?!" He spit out the milk in disbelief.

"It'll be better if he stays away from me."

"You have a point but you should always do what makes you happy. If he makes you happy then go to him and love him until you disappear. I know he'll understand. Your love for each other is a case of the worst timing. If you want to be with him, stay with him until your last day comes, arasseo?"

She quickly went to him, ignoring Jungkook's remarks. She realized that he's also right. She's even thankful for Taehyung loving her back. She's so fortunate because ghosts usually don't have another chance to love and to be love again.

She appeared inside his apartment and  saw Seokjin cleaning his wounds.

'How come he has some on his fists? He looks sober now.'

"Seokjin... can I continue that?" She asked.

"Haeji-ssi..." He finally noticed me. "Hyung, she'll clean my wounds and please give us time to talk privately if you let us."

"Sure... anytime." He entered the room and let the two talk alone.

"I'm sorry." The two of them said in chorus.

"No, I'm the one who's sorry. I'm the one who comitted mistakes... I don't want to lose you too Haeji-ah..." He held Haeji's hands and started to cry again. He buried his crying face in her soft hands.

"Neither do I... Gomawoyo, Taehyung-ssi... I realized that most ghosts around us don't get a chance to have love in their lives but you... you gave me a chance to love again and you gave me back the love I gave you. I'm really thankful, Taehyung... From now on, I promise to love you until I go to the other side, from now on, I'll love you like there's no tomorrow. Like we're the only people left here in this world. I'll love you 'til the end of time."

Their night soon ended. They apologized to each other. At the end of the day, they still ended up with each other's arms. The two of them slept in one bed, as always but Taehyung woke up first. Woke up with the face he wanted to love forever. He traced her lips, the one he would want to kiss everytime. Her nose. Her soft cheeks. He would love to look at that face day by day.