Chapter 10 ▪ She's back

"Haeji-ah... please eat now. You need to gain your strength back immediately so you can go to school." Jungkook pleaded and earned Haeji's attention.

"I'm so sorry... I just can't get that thing out of my mind."

Her father entered the room with a basket and swiftly ran to her daughter. "My princess... are you okay now?"

She nodded slowly, "Appa, do you know someone named Kim Taehyung?" She heard Jungkook make a 'tsk' sound and shook his head while looking down.

"Taehyung? Kim Taehyung?" She nodded, "I remember the both of us courting your mother at the same time." Her father chuckled, "But he died many years ago... specifically in a car crash. Too bad he didn't even get a chance to build his own family. He died when we were in highschool but you know what? That's how me and your mother ended up together. If only she was here to tell you their whole story but also, why'd you ask?" That was the time it hit her. Kim Taehyung doesn't exist anymore. Kim Taehyung was just from her dreams. In short, Kim Taehyung was just an imagination.

A tear rolled down her cheeks and then another, then another until it rolled down continuously.

"Haeji-ah, why are you crying?" Jungkook shook her carefully. She held his arms and hugged them for comfort.

••

"Did you really love him?" Jungkook asked looking down.

Haeji told him the whole story and can't help but to sigh. "Maybe, I'm just too carried away from the flow that I've learnt to love him too. Believe me but I love you now and not him. Please, don't be disappointed... it's all just a dream. I just can't help missing him because he was also a part of my life for the last 3 months. You... you were also there in my dream and you were there for me when I needed you. From now on, let's not talk about this and continue living a life together, okay?" Was that a lie?

Jungkook sighed followed by a nod and a smile plastered on his gorgeous face.