Chapter 2 ▪ Date?

Him:

A month has passed and we bonded really well. She already knows many things about me like my favorites and dislikes.

The last day of the finals came and I was so nervous I almost threw up. Good thing, someone was there to ease my nervousness.

And also, throughout the month, I started liking the ghost but I know that I shouldn't. I'll end up breaking my own heart.

"Taehyung-ssi, hwaiting!" Haeji raised her two hands in fists and smiled widely.

"I'm just worried what if I don't pass and never get a chance to go to college?"

"I've seen how determined you are throughout the month, Taehyung-ssi. It's more than enough for you to pass the exams. If you don't pass then you can try again, right? Also, you still have another year in high school, I'm sure you can do it. I believe in you, Kim Taehyung-ssi. Now, enter the exam hall and pass those exams." She reassured him. "If you want, I'll look at your seatmate's answer and tell them to you. No one can see me except for you."

"Thank you, Haeji-ah." I wanted to hug her tightly as a thank you for being here beside me, but I can't.

••

It took me 3 and a half hours to finish four exams, I went out the hall to see a pretty ghost sleeping against a wall. Fortunately, the hall's empty.

"Haeji-ah," I spoke while she woke up. "Let's go. I'll take you somewhere."

••

"Is this... N Seoul Tower?!"

"You've been wanting to go here right? You saw that drama hyung is watching. The drama filmed here."

"Kang Sunwoo! Na Bongsun! Where are you?!" She yelled since no one will hear her and smiled as if she won a contest. "It looks more beautiful at night."

"It's a starry night." I looked at her. She looks more beautiful than the sky.

"How about we put locks like what they did?" She suggested.

"Okay. Wait here, I'll buy some." It's a bit pricey but I have extra income due to my part-time job in the ice cream place. I came back to see her lying on the seats, tracing the stars. "Are you tracing my name on the stars so I can like you? Nah, It won't work."

It actually started working last month, love.

"No, stupid ass. I'm just wishing that hopefully, I can go back to life which is a bit impossible." She frowned.

"Don't you want to live here with me forever?" Call me selfish but I really love her. "Yeah, right your dead and you can't live. Stay instead."

"I do but... no one knows until when my time will come. No matter how much I want to be with you, I'll have to leave you too. I hope by that time, you're already someone successful , you have little versions of yourself running around the apartment, and you have another someone to stand beside you through the rough journey called life. I'll meet you again when that ends." Haeji smiled bitterly.

I'll do anything to get you back.

We ended the drama session there. I wrote our names on the lock and locked it on the wall.

해지 × 태형

"I hope you'll still be with me the next time I come here."

••

"Taehyung-ssi, is this what they call a... date?" Haeji spoke up earning attention from the boy she just asked which is me.

"If you consider it one, then do so." I smiled and walked fastly so she couldn't keep up and ask.

The rest of the walk back to the apartment was silent. We'll cook samgyupsal on the rooftop with Seokjin-hyung.

••

"You really are something, huh? You really need some beating." She stepped on the wound they gave her last week on her knee while the bullied girl winced in pain.

"Please, stop! I'll do whatever you want me to do." The bullied girl surrendered.

"If you kill yourself then maybe I'll stop and when you're dead, I'll tell every people in this school that your uncle used to rape you back then I won't miss even a single student and that you slept with every male student here in this school."

The girl can't take it anymore she ran to the bathroom while limping. Using the broken glass, she cut her hair uneven and also her wrists too. She was bawling her eyes out when she was doing it.

She went back to class like nothing happened.

"Oh, look, the slut came back." Their adviser said making all other students except her laugh.

She acted tough when truly, she just wants to break down.

The end of the classes came and the students came back to their respective homes.

She was just crossing the pedestrian lane when a car blasted running over her. The driver didn't even mind checking up on the student.

••

"Haeji-ah!!" He screamed while sitting up.