24. I walk the line

The king turned to me with his claws out I tried to use my batons in an X formation trying to hold off his claws

   The king turned to me with his claws out I tried to use my batons in an X formation trying to hold off his claws. He went for my throat but a red mist engulfed his hand then he flew back. I looked over to see Wanda. I smiled and nodded at her and she smiled back. Bucky and I ran stopping our back to one of the containers for the plane. "We gotta go. That guy is probably in Siberia by now." Bucky said I hummed in agreement giving Steve a look.

   "We gotta draw out the flyers," Steve said I looked up at the sky then turned to look at the fight. "I'll take Vision, you two get to the jet," he looked ready to leave when Sam spoke into our comms.

   "No you get to the jet, all of you, the rest of us aren't getting out of here,"

   "As much as I hate to admit it... if we are going to win this one, some of us are going to have to lose it." Clint spoke

   "This isn't the real fight, Steve," Sam spoke I looked at Bucky grabbing his hand. He looked at me bringing my hand to his lips quickly placing a short kiss on it, his hand tightened around mine then he let go.

   "All right Sam, what's the play?" Steve asked

   "We need a diversion, something big,"

   "I got something kinda big, but I can't hold it very long, on my signal, run like hell," Scott spoke I furrowed my eyebrows and huffed at the sound of running again. "And if I tear myself in half don't come back to me,"

   "What the hell?" I mumbled giving Steve a confused look

   "He's gonna tear himself in half?" Bucky asked at the same time I spoke.

   "You sure about this Scott?" Steve asked

   "I do it all the time," Scott said "I mean once, in a lab. Then I passed out." I looked at Bucky disbelief, his face mirroring mine. Scott showed up, he was giant.

   "Holy shit..." I mumbled, "Is that the signal?" I asked

   "I guess that's the signal..." Steve said we looked at each other then took off running toward the hanger. I was slightly behind them, the opening to the hanger started to close when the tower fell. We slowed but a red mist covered it stopping it I turned briefly to see Wanda and Ivy stood with their hands out, Ivy with a thick line of blood dripping freely from her nose. We sprinted into the hanger. The rubble fell, I slid hoping to the gods I wouldn't get crushed. My hand was grabbed and I was pulled to a standing position. Bucky wrapped his arm around my waist. I looked up at to see Natasha.

   "You're not gonna stop."

   "You know I can't," Steve said the dust clearing and I coughed slightly.

   "I'm gonna regret this." She raised her fist, the cuff on her wrist buzzing. She shot it and it flew hitting the king. "Go," I gave Natasha a look of gratitude and we ran for the plane. We got on, the plane slowly raising. I let out the biggest sigh. I took a seat.

   "How are you feeling?"

   "I could sleep for the rest of my life, nauseous, hungry," I said looking at Bucky. He smiled "Does anyone have crackers?" I asked closing my eyes. "I walk the line, my love," I said half asleep.

   "Go to sleep," I hummed laying down on the benches, laying my head on his lap. His hands started playing with my hair, soothing me into a sleep.