14

Diego 12:34pm:

Hey lazy ass you up?

Mariah 1:19 pm:

yeah, at school can I call you later?

Diego 1:20 pm:

damn I got me a goody two shoes huh?

Mariah 1:32pm:

damn back at it with them quick replies huh?

Diego 2:10 pm:

whatever scrub.. call me later

Mariah 2:13pm:

aight then scrub:)

I get home and memo wasn't home. Probably out with dad doing a father son bonding thing. Which I don't mind honestly, getting the house to myself is bliss. No screaming, no fighting. No madness. I walk into my room and get started on my homework. Fuck....I hate math. I eventually work through my math homework that took me hours to finish, and I check the time. Shit, its 6:30! I should have had dinner started. I walk out my room into the hallway when I hear a sharp ringing in my ear and I felt pain in my knees. I finally realize dad slapped me on the side of the head and I landed on his tool belt. "You pendeja! dinner should have been done or at least started you lazy ass!"  I regain my balance and stand up "i'm sorry dad, I was doing homework I fell behind when I was in the hospital remember?"  he walks towards me and gives me his famous evil glares and slaps me again, this time I hit my head against the corner of the dresser that mom put in the hallway. " I don't care, it's not like you're smart enough to finish high school! just make my food and stay out my way you ungrateful slut!" I get up and wipe the blood on my sweater, "yes sir" I whisper. I go to the kitchen and realize my aunt walked in the house without notice and she smiles at me and then looks at my head and frowns. " aye mija, what did he do this time?"  I look her  straight in the eye and say "  I fell tia."  I say with tears running down  my face. She pulls me into an embrace and whispers " He won't be standing for much longer mi amor, I promise."  What does that mean? " I better get dinner started tia are you staying to eat?"  She gets up and looks at Memo who was on dad's phone, and walks to the kitchen and hands me a note. 

"put memo in your room and lock your door after dinner will explain later"