19

Blurs and spots, that's all I saw. I heard voices I just couldn't make them out. I was scared and in pain.  My stomach felt like it was on fire and my back was killing me. I finally open my eyes and I see that I was in the hospital. I see Diego passed out in the hospital chair beside me. I stare at him and I smile. He really does care, and I'm scared. All the people who cared left me. He's famous and gets girls all over him all day everyday I'm not special. I can't change him. I attempt to move so I can get comfortable but the wires I'm connected to must be motion sensor, because right when I move the alarm blares through the whole room. Diego jumps up and sees me awake. He runs over and kisses my cheek. "You're awake, finally how you feeling ? you need anything? you want some jello? ima go get you jello..." He starts to turn but I grab his arm. "No, I don't want jello." I say. " Where's Memo?" I ask. "He's with Steve's girlfriend, I didn't want him around this". he says sternly. he grabs the chair and scoots it closer to my bed. " You need to tell me what's going on, I can't help you if you don't tell me how". He says with tears in his eyes. I can't tell him what happened. Not just about my dad but Damian, I can't let him know. I can't, I mean..........not now anyway. If I tell him he's gonna leave. Or laugh and say something mean and leave. My heart says it's time to let this go, and forgive Damian. But how? Maybe talking about will make it better? I muster up all the courage I have and fight back tears and whisper." If I tell you will you promise me one thing?" he looks at me lovingly and strokes my cheek. "Anything" he replies. "Don't leave me" I say back. He hugs me softly and whispers " I'm not going anywhere" And in that moment I know, he's the one. I can trust him. With my secrets, with memo. Anything. "It started when I was dating a guy named Damian, he was awesome and I thought I loved him, but one night he hit me. I thought it was just a one time thing. But it got worse. I tried fighting back but it never worked, one day he went to a friends house and came to my house really drunk and he tried to do something with me, I said no I tried pushing him away. But he was bigger than me, he raped me that day and when my dad found out he practically disowned me. Then my mom left, it was getting too much for me to handle." I trail off and look at him he looks hurt not for him but for me. "I'm so sorry babygirl" he says. "There's more" I say with tears streaming down my face. " a couple weeks later I started feeling sick, I then realized I missed my period. I told Damian, he slapped me and called me a whore and said if I was pregnant it wasn't his probably one of his homeboy's, but Diego I was a virgin. He took my virginity away. I went to the doctor's and I was pregnant. I was locked in the house the entire time. Only some of my closest friends knew, please if this makes you feel anything different about me you can tell me". He looks at me surprised " You know what I think of you? you're the strongest person I know. I can't imagine what you've been through. But I do have one question." He says. I sniffle a little before saying "Yes?" he looks at me and asks " Where's your baby?" I look him dead in the eye and take a deep breath " I had a boy. I named him Guillermo, I call him Memo."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN  so I hope you guys love this book as much as I love writing it. I truly love all of you and appreciate every comment and vote and read

Bless you all XOXO Riah.