F i v e

The redheaded boy desperately tried to swim towards them. His heartbeat steadily got slower. He desperately looked at Marinette, who was holding Adrien's hand.

Curse you Adrien, Nathaniel thought to himself, his swimming got slower as the minutes went on. He was so far away, his classmates were cheering him on. It wasn't helping though.

Slowly, his classmates's cheering died down after a bit. He was so close, yet it felt so far. He had no safety float in his hands and no safety jacket on. They ran out too soon.

His vision began to blur. I'm not gonna die now. I'm gonna stay alive. Maybe get Marinette back.. Nathaniel thought to himself. His eye lids began to droop. They gradually became heavier.

Then, Nathaniel shut them. He gave up. His smile and hopes faded away by now. Nathaniel gradually started to drift down into the ocean.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Ms. Bustier! Nathaniel is.. drowning!" Marinette gasped, pointing over to where Nathaniel was. She predicted he was only about ten feet away and he got too tired from swimming a mile away, where the plane once stood.

"We need to do something." Alix agreed. Ms. Bustier looked over at the red head drowning.

"I'll get him." Ms. Bustier started to swim towards him. The class cheered for their teacher.

Once she got over there, she picked up Nathaniel in her arms. He wasn't breathing whatsoever.

"Do CPR on him!" Sabrina exclaimed. Max shook his head.

"Where's land to do it on? We need a flat surface." Max asked, looking around.

Marinette pointed to a nearby island. "There!" She nodded to Ms. Bustier, and Ms. Bustier swam to the island with Nathaniel in her arms still.

The class followed behind their teacher. It was a little bit until they made it to land.

Once they made it to land, Ms. Bustier was about to perform CPR, until Chloé stepped in.

"Um, excuse me, Miss, but if you wanna perform CPR, at least allow another student to do it." Chloé gently pushed her out of the way and started to do CPR on Nathaniel.

After a couple of minutes, he still wasn't up. "He's still not breathing! This is useless!" Chloé cried out.

Kim raised an eyebrow. "Are you in love with him? It definitely seems like it."

"W-What! O-Of course I don't l-love him!" Chloé stuttered and blushed. An 'oooh' created a domino effect on the class, starting with Kim.

The class then heard a coughing sound. They turned to face Nathaniel. He began to cough up water and then he looked up at Chloé once he finished.

"Thank you." He smiled sweetly to her. An 'aww' created a domino effect on the class, starting with Kim, once again.

"Oh shut up!" Chloé yelled at the class, the class immediately silenced.

After a few minutes of silence, Ms. Bustier spoke up. "Is there anymore survivors?"

Max also spoke up. "According to my calculations, there's approximately ten percent of people in plane crashes who survive. Especially on the ocean."

"Now is not the time, Max," Kim muttered into his friend's ear. Max sighed and nodded at his supposed stupidity.

That's when they later found out, the class and Ms. Bustier, were the only survivors.