T w e n t y - T w o

"M-Mom!" The bluenette exclaimed, jumping into her mother's arm. Mrs. Dupain-Cheng started to sob with joy.

"I missed you so much, Marinette!" Her mom gasped, embracing her daughter tightly in her arms.

Mr. Dupain-Cheng joined in on the hug. "And of course, I missed you too." The Dupain-Cheng family hugged and embraced each other happily.

Everybody's parents embraced their kids, like the Dupain-Cheng's family. Even Chloé missed her father and it wasn't because she couldn't get what she wanted. It was actually because she missed him.

"I missed you so much, Daddy," the blond haired girl whispered to her father. The major smiled at his daughter.

"I missed you too, my dear Chloé." He murmured in response to his little girl.

Adrien looked around at the people embracing one another. He sighed and looked down at his watch.

Father isn't even here yet, he thought to himself, filled with sadness. The model was about to walk out of the news station, but was suddenly stopped by Mr. Dupain-Cheng.

"Join us, son." He smiled warmly to him. Adrien was shocked when he heard what Marinette's dad said.

Adrien wiped his tears of joy out of his eyes, completely forgetting how his father abandoned him. He happily joined into the Dupain-Cheng's hugging group.

"Thank you," he murmured to Marinette's parents and to Marinette.

Your welcome, Marinette's thoughts said inside her head. She smiled at Adrien and returned the smile back to her.

He held her hand and she held his. After an hour passed by, the Dupain-Chengs and Adrien walked back home to the bakery.
———————————
At nine p.m...

Marinette yawned, squinting her bluebell eyes as she yawned. She then made her way over to her bed, getting comfy and cozy.

"Night, Tikki." The blue-haired girl said to her small kwami.

"Goodnight, Marinette!" Tikki exclaimed happily, resting in her little makeshift bed Marinette made for her when she was passed on.

Marinette was about to turn off the lights when a familiar cat, also a superhero, knocked on her balcony window. She opened the window up and Chat Noir jumped into her arms.

"A-Adrien- I mean, C-Chat!" She gasped at the desperate hero suddenly hugging her.

He giggled. "My Lady~. Why are you so startled~?"

"I was about to sleep and suddenly you jumped into my arms, that's why! What's else could it be?" She asked, sounding a little bit irritated.

"Sorry." His ears drooped and she suddenly kissed him on the lips.

"It's okay, kitty. Wanna sleep with me?" She asked, murmuring softly.

Chat nodded. "Of course. Anything to make my lady happy."

Marinette giggled. "Thanks, Chaton." She turned off the lights and climbed in bed with him.

She buried her head into his chest happily. He embraced her in his arms, warm and soft hugging.

"It feels great to be home," Marinette murmured to chat quietly. Chat smiled and kissed her forehead.

"It sure does feel great to be home again. Maybe we could go on another field trip in four years too.."