S e v e n t e e n

The crew had finally made it through the storm. Shelia and Laney were in a blanket, seeking to find warmth in the freezing cold helicopter.

Harrison was chatting with John up in the front of the copter. Grace continued to glance out the window. Cole and Adam were playing some cards next to her.

"When are we gonna get there?" Laney whined to the pilot.

"We'll get there soon. I'll tell you when we're thirty minutes away," John sounded annoyed and irritated.

"Oof okay." Shelia said, nudging Laney's arm. Laney narrowed her eyes at her friend.

"Don't ever say that again." She shook her head in disappointment. Shelia shrugged and looked out the window. They were finally past the storm.

"Finally!" Grace exclaimed. Adam and Cole looked up from their card game, going over to the window.

The clouds were white and fluffy again. Sunlight came in through the windows and everybody cheered.

"Before you all celebrate," Harrison stopped them all from celebrating. "There's a bigger storm on the way. Bigger than ever. Were heading into the beginning of the hurricane."

The crew was silent and disappointed. Grace cursed under her breath. John continued to fly the helicopter in silence.

"Why is John so quiet?" Laney murmured to Shelia. Shelia looked over at the pilot and shrugged again.

"I don't know. Perhaps concentrating." She laid against one of the seats and fell asleep.

Meanwhile up in the pilot's seat, panic was going through John's head. He didn't want to get his crew killed. Nor did he want the possible survivors to get killed.

John sighed in worry and Harrison patted his shoulder in reassurance. "John, it'll be okay," he smiled politely to him.

John returned a smile, which seemed genuine on Harrison's part. On John's part, it was a worried smile. A very worried smile.

I hope we make it in time.
————————————————
Day six, Marinette noted in her head. She predicted it was about noon now.

The wind had picked up over time as the day passed by. The temperature was starting to drop, but humidity started to pick up.

"Dear god, how much longer will we have to survive on this forbidden island?" The bluenette murmured to herself, hopelessly looking up at the rainy sky.

Adrien laid down next to her. "M'Lady, if your losing hope, don't lose it just yet. Ms. Bustier had us sign a contract. Do you remember what it was for?"

Marinette shook her head. Adrien closed his eyes, remembering the contract in his head. "It said that if we crash or get lost, they will send out a rescue team to save us."

Marinette smiled. "At least that's good to know. It feels so weird to be helpless against this. It feels so weird not to be heroes." Adrien chuckled at Marinette's statement.

"True," he agreed. "Let's just wait and hope, because not all hope is lost."

"Amen to that, now that you've convinced me." She murmured, holding his hand tightly.

"I love you," he murmured to her.

"I love you too," she murmured back, them both drifting off to sleep.
———————————————
"Thirty minutes until we arrive!" The pilot announced. The crew cheered and then suddenly lightning flashed in the sky.

"What does the radar look like, captain?" Laney asked John, curiously looking at the stats recorded in the past five minutes.

Harrison looked at John worriedly. The words read,

The rain you are about to go into is deathly. Be careful, this rain is dangerous. Winds are at 50-70mph. You have been warned. Turn back now if possible.

"I guess were going in," John zoomed into the death storm they were about to witness.