04

Chapter Four | Rock My Style

Sitting in Declan's Whitehead car is something I never thought I'd experience in my eighteen years of living. I mean we're on two completely different ends of the social spectrum. He hung around his usual clique and I hung around mine. They were never supposed to mix but now here we are.

The cherry red Maserati cruised down the freeway, it's engine purring. Declan was sitting in the front driver seat with so much soft leather around him that I felt myself shrinking in the passenger seat as I thought about old beaten down skateboard. I didn't want to sound ungrateful, because my mother works hard to provide for me and I know most teens aren't lucky enough to have some of the things I have, but damn - I really need to start saving up.

"My dad got me this car as a gift for throwing the winning pass during our championship game last year." Declan suddenly spoke, his eyes still focused on the road.

With my arms folded across my chest I turned to him and said, "My dad once got me a pack of gum, but it was only half a piece left since he ate all the other pieces." I admitted and Declan chuckled.

"You smoke?" I asked, spotting the ashtray with the lighter inside, and I couldn't help but raise my brows in a questioning manner.

Declan shook his head no. "That's Jaylen's stuff. I never smoked marijuana. I ate a brownie once at a party. It was intense. It was kind of indescribable, actually."

"I felt like I was floating," He told and I turned to him with raised brows. "Turns out there wasn't any weed in the brownie. It was just an insanely good brownie."

"Yeah I don't smoke either. Never really been my thing." I said.

"It's good we're getting to know each other more since we're gonna be spending a lot of time together because of the baby," I frowned his words and he turned to me and kissed his teeth. "Dang, is it bad for me to get to know my baby daddy?" He laughed and immediately threw his hands up in surrender when he seen I was raising my fist at him.