40 : Forgive and Forget

It was a normal house.

That's new. The house was also new considering he hasn't visited his mother ever since the accident. But now- everything just felt so brand new.

"You can do this." Taehyung assures him by squeezing his hands. Yes, he believes he can as well. Nothing is impossible in his heart with his other half with him.

A light knuckle knock hits the steel door before it was soon opened.

- by a man.

"You must be.. my step son"

Taehyung looks over to him. There wasn't even a slight hint or anger and disappointment that's stick to his usual full expression face. In fact, the boy was calm and collective and even greeted him warmly.

"Hello dad." It seems there wasn't anything bad between the two. "I'm here to see mom."

It's been two tea days in a row- Taehyung has never gotten bored of the leaf scented water, Jungkook on the other hand has gotten sick of it and would prefer a bitter black coffee.

"Why the sudden?"

"I'm your son, I'd eventually visit."

"But it's been 2 years."

Two goddamn years since the whole accident- two years that was only filled with happiness- and in those two years his mother remarried to a man he has no interest nor bio of.

"You didn't come to our wedding. I was heartbroken."

"I was in HongKong back then for a date."

Ah, that date in HongKong wasn't a complete lie even if it was a sudden invitation. Only for that day their date was a little special.

Jungkook observes the man. Completely normal. Everything about him was normal from his appearance to the house the bought. This wasn't someone his mother would choose to be married too.

"I admit. I was a greedy woman who wanted nothing but wealth and power- I didn't have neither so I choose to marry those you are. I didn't like normal."

A better observation was given. The woman was wearing what seems to be different than years ago. A casual outfit for a casual housewife.

"Your father had those. I married him but I later found out he was gay and has been seeing another guy. That's when I met Changmo, I started to have a cheat on my own."

Jungkook was still calm. He had already forget.

"But pride was very precious to me. I didn't want to file a divorce paper and so I ask Changmo to kill him which he agreed. Again, my pride was too great to let me remarry and I use you to marry his daughter so I will get to live with him anyways as laws."

Everyone in the room listens.

"After knowing that he deals great sins. I started to sit alone in my apartment with no one- you weren't there but I figured that. And then, I started to go to the church often, I then change before I met him, my current husband." She leans in to her husband, happily she smiles as he smiles back.

'He goes to the church, he's most likely a nice guy.' Taehyung whispers lowly. 'Is that why you're not concerned?' Jungkook nods. That's exactly why he's sure he isn't a bad guy.

"Jungkook, Your mother may not be the kindest person in the past but she has changed. Can you please forgive her?"

He took a large inhalation. Ah, but that's exactly why he's here. There was no need for the man to step up.

"Yes, that's why I'm here. To forgive and to forget. I found it a bit childish I didn't come to your wedding but I know the both of you will have happiness."

His mother couldn't help but to broke into tears. After all these years-! Her son finally learns what it means to be a forgiving human. "T-thank you.." she says as she wipes her tears away.

"So mom, dad. We're both dating and it's been 2 years." Jungkook smirks, pulling his boyfriend close to his chest. "I've met his mom yesterday and that's why I brought him here."

After a few tissues are blown. Both married couples smiles to each other before to them. "You have our blessings." In unison they said.

They lock their fingers together at the same size. The blanket that covers their bare body seems right just for the two of them to fit inside after the long and tiring day.

"How do you feel after everything?"

And Jungkook response "Tiring. It's a good thing you're here to charge my energy."

Miffy the rabbit and SheepieJ the sheep never left the corner of their beds. The gift of fluffs were a sign of the bonds they will share.

"I love you so much."

"And I love you just as much."