42 : But He-

That was the start of the accident. An intentional accident.

The ambulance's sirens rang everyone's ears from miles away. All the road driver put themselves aside for it so rescue a dear life.

"TAEHYUNG!" The said boy's eyes weren't open for others to see nor for the one who held his bloody body closely and no matter how much he was told to wake up, he can't. He couldn't.

"I-I.. shouldn't have lied.. I should've came earlier.."

All he does is weep. He cries. Crying didn't help but all he could do was wait for the ambulance to come.

Jungkook had lied to him. He lied to going to the coffee shop to get his check when in reality it's a Sunday and he already got his check.

He didn't know ChangMo's daughter bailed out today.

Today.

And he forgot about that- wait no, he didn't even care to check.

He left him. Just like that he left him with a lie.

"Hurry! Bring him to the emergency room!"

"How's his heart?!!"

The boy wasn't able to follow any further. He was forced by the nurse to stay outside even if he didn't want to. His feet wasn't able to calm down and he fidgets every time the minutes pass by.

"Jungkook.." a pat in the back wasn't enough to calm him down. "It's all my fault hyung.." everything has no meaning. Nothing matters in his wet red eyes and that includes the forgotten red box in his jacket.

But there is a good news. Taehyung's life is no longer in danger but his eyes won't open. Jungkook never left his side and arms never stop intertwining each other.

"Hoseok hyung.. when will he wake up?"

"I'm not sure Kook.. but mind telling me what happened?" He clutches his palm against Taehyung's

"I- I was out to buy things. I was gonna surprise him later and I should've told him to just sit in the house. So- I saw him on the streets, to the supermarket just a few walks away from where I was and then I couldn't-"

"And of all days.."

The bed shifting sounds disturb their midway conversation. Finally, someone had just woken up. Thank god he woke up.

"Whoa there Tae, take it easy now" Hoseok pushes down his shoulder to the bed, forcing the body to lay back for its rest.

"Taehyung?? Baby?? You're awake!" Jungkook kisses his cheeks. His eyes couldn't tear no more fall to an unnecessary pool. "I-I'm so sorry for leaving you alone- I promise I'll never leave you ever again!"

But Taehyung looks at him confusedly. Ignoring the doctor's advice to lay down, he sat up again. He watches as Jungkook gets on his knees, pulls out a box of velvet heart and presented the tiny item that sits on his palm.

Hoseok gasps when he sees this.

The box then opens. It reveals Jungkook's timeless of hard work.

"A forever ring.. a promise ring for you and me"

The ring is beautiful. A beautiful 10karat white gold ring from Tiffany&co. It took Jungkook months and months for him to get this for him.

"I wanted to keep this a secret.. I wanted to see your surprise face.." His hand shakes.

Taehyung wasn't taking it. In fact, his gaze was nothing but blank confuse stare. "I'm sorry.. I can't take it"

Jungkook's eyes widen.

"I don't know you"

Jungkook's world crash

"So Taehyung" the room was only filled with the patient and doctor. "Yea?" He raise an eyebrow.

"Why did you lie to him? Your brain and back bone was clearly not in danger. In fact, all the cells are there." It wasn't a surprise for Hoseok to know. He did handle all of Taehyung's file as his doctor.

"When I was at the supermarket, A girl approached me."

Taehyung was out across the streets for grocery. There wasn't anything in mind when he pick up a few zucchini's and eggplants for tonight's dinner. Nothing in his head screams danger or run in particular- but then he got a visit.

"It's me. Remember Changmo's daughter?"

Taehyung took a few steps back. Well- no, he took a step forwards after.

"Yes I do. So you're finally out." Our because of money, Taehyung thought to himself. Taehyung would like it much better if this girl could just get out of her sight so she can focus on buying groceries- plus, she's blocking the milk refrigerator.

"Listen. I still love Jungkook."

He rolls his eyes. This girl is dumb.

"I want you to stay away from him."

No, not possible.

"I'll put you in danger. I can put you in danger."

Taehyung took a deep inhalation "Move away, you're blocking the milk I want." He didn't care if she was a girl. She's a dumb bitch. That enough has put the level of his care to a near zero.

"No. You don't understand. I can put Jungkook in danger too. I'll only be a matter of time until my dad gets out and kills him for hurting his baby girl's feelings."

Taehyung froze. No, he was still set on keeping Jungkook for himself. His carelessness was replied with a fair danger warning, the one that almost killed him when he walked out of the supermarket when a truck purposely hit him while the lights were still red.

"They hired someone to kill me. They'll hire one to kill Jungkook too."

Hoseok heard of the news from years ago. He quickly caught on. "Changmo's company bankrupted. I bet they only did that to scare you two off." But still, Taehyung didn't feel too great about it. Just the thought of danger that could jump at them any moment. It scares him. It scars him.

"I was so happy when he bought be a promise ring."

Hoseok left him to mumble alone.

"That kid is being a bit too selfish. He's acting foolish"

The man stomp out of the room unhopely. The impact of the door slam sent bird flying away from the window. That was just how scary Hoseok is. But Taehyung still won't change his mind.