Chapter 16

(3rd Person)

Our loveable human protagonist stood completely still outside the cabin Rias had rented to help train her peerage, he had his eyes closed with his arms crossed, his earring shining in the bright sun while his trench coat flowed from the wind. He inhaled slowly followed by exhaling the air back out just as slow. And then, (Y/N) opened his eyes sharply with a serious glare.

As if it was some signal, Kiba came out of nowhere trying to use his speed to attack (Y/N), only for the human to block it with his forearm. Normally this would shock the blonde knight, instead he went for a strike with another sword he summoned. (Y/N) gasped slightly but was able to duck under it, (Y/N) gritted his teeth before charging forward and going for a strike, Kiba quickly dodged, but didn't count on the foot that slammed into his chest knocking the wind out of him.

(Y/N) summoned a light sword and leapt at Kiba, who parried it easily with yet another sword. The two clashed swords countless times with Kiba increasing in speed and (Y/N) following effortlessly. (Y/N) summoned another light sword and went for the behead, Kiba ducked but that's exactly what (Y/N) wanted since he kneed Kiba's face, then an elbow to the back of his neck and then a roundhouse kick slamming into Kiba's head, sending him flying with a sickening crack.

(Y/N): Huh, after a whole week of training, I expected at least one of you to improve...

Rias: Maybe if you didn't brutalise them and actually trained them instead?

Both turned their attention to the broken or beaten forms of the rest of the devil crew: Kiba was holding the side of his skull while Asia crouched down to heal it, Koneko was holding her arm while her left eye was swollen greatly, Akeno was squirming on the floor covered in cuts and bruises letting out the occasional moan much to (Y/N)'s annoyance.

Rias: Wait... where's Issei?

All (Y/N) did was glance upward, Rias followed his gaze and saw Issei hanging from a steel pole by his underwear, his face full of humiliation and anger whereas (Y/N) chuckled in amusement.

(Y/N): I didn't even do anything, I found him up there before I took your crew on, oh, by the way...

Rias gasped out as (Y/N) lightly slapped her stomach, not enough to be painful, but enough to realise what he did.

(Y/N): Never let your guard down, that's the number one rule... right! Continue with your basic strength, magic and whatever else you train yourselves in and same time tomorrow we'll try again, and you better hurry and get stronger, it's already been 7 days meaning you only have 3 days left!

Rias: Well, how are we doing so far?

(Y/N): Didn't you just see what happened? I took on all of your pieces one by one, and all of them didn't even touch me... then again, all of you made me fight seriously during our fight... well, except Issei.

Issei: Let me down from here and I'll show you just how serious you need to be with me around!!

(Y/N): Really? Let's test that theory, shall we?

He formed a tiny spear of light before tossing it straight towards the part of Issei's underwear caught by the steel pole and severing the connection. Issei let out a girly scream while plummeting towards the ground and with a yawn, (Y/N) lifted his knee slightly where Issei's gut conected, this was followed by (Y/N) effortlessly picking him up by the back of the neck before tossing him back towards the pole where his skull cracked from the impact.

(Y/N): Nope, you were wrong, you were the one who made me the least serious in our fight.

Rias: It wasn't a real fight though...