Chapter 18

(3rd Person)

Whispers were instantly spreading at the sight of (Y/N) and his evil energy devil wing, everyone knew straight away it was the false devil; the rumoured individual who could manipulate a devil's power despite his heritage being human. (Y/N) himself was currently struggling not to fry everyone with the amount of rage he was feeling at reuniting with the one of many devils who ruined his life, his fists clenched by his sides while his eyebrows furrowed to show off his hate, not to mention his teeth were close to breaking by how much they were pushing against each other.

The whispers were silenced by the sound of Riser's scoff.

Riser: A debt? Riser remembers no debt with a filthy human like you...

All he got in response was (Y/N)'s death glare, it would've been enough to scare the daylights out of any opponent who had common sense. But obviously, common sense is never in Riser's dictionary since he continued to look disgusted at (Y/N)'s presence. Rias watched on nervously as she recalled the last time (Y/N) had his devil wing out, he went toe to toe with a fallen angel with at least ten wings, granted Azazel was holding back, it was definitely a higher level than her strength... and maybe even Riser's.

???: Oh? A debt you say? What sort of debt does Riser Phenex owe you then?

(Y/N) looked to the right using his eyes, he spotted what seemed to be an older and male version of Rias slowly making their way towards him, a kind but amused smile on their face while also wearing one weird suit for a wedding...

(Y/N): You must be Rias' brother... Sirzechs, I believe.

Sirzechs: So, Rias has told you about me? Well, she never told me she was friends with the false devil. Quite an accomplishment for a human to gain a power only highly ranked devils could wield.

(Y/N): Your flattery won't sway me from my current objective, I don't care if you're the supposed ruler of the underworld... I'm here for Riser, and not even you will get in my way...

Sirzechs: 'It's not exactly who I wanted to appear to save Rias... but, he's a much better option than the boosted gear wielder' And who says I was?

Riser: Lord Sirzechs!?

Sirzechs: Is there a problem Riser? Surely you can take care of a 'filthy human' as you call them?

Riser: It's not that! I just believe it to be...

Sirzechs: Are you really satisfied with that rating game? All of your opponents could barely match you in power by the end, and yet here we have someone at full power with no injuries and full stamina... besides... a few nobles were quite disappointed in that rating game of yours, myself included...

Riser: What!?

Sirzechs: I couldn't imagine how your family would react if they found out you were almost bested by complete rookies, could you?

Riser glared at Sirzechs for that whereas Sirzechs was merely looking down with his eyes closed and another amused smile on his face. (Y/N) was starting to grow impatient as his evil energy wing was showing to start flucuating all over the place lashing out at a few devils who jumped back in fear of being struck down.

Riser: Tch! Fine! Riser will amuse both the nobles and this human with a fight.

Sirzechs: Very good! Now then, what's your name human?

(Y/N) grew another glare, his eyebrows furrowing even further much to everyone except Riser and Sirzechs' nervousness.

(Y/N): (Y/N)...

Sirzechs: Well then, (Y/N), as you might have guessed, a battle between two beings in the underworld requires a prize for the winner, I suppose Riser's prize would be Rias, correct?