Chapter 9: Regret and Fury

Marshpaw had watched her sister run into the distance, until the remaining foggy clouds around her, disappeared. So she wasn't mates with Lakepaw? she thought, and a burning feeling of regret welled deep inside her, until she looked up, she met the gaze of Lakepaw.

"You made her cry!" he yelled. Tears dripping down his face.

"And she made me cry! So did you!" she flashed back at him.

He was taken aback, with fury flaming within his eyes, his fur bristled, blowing elegantly in the wind.

Tears dropped down her face. "She hurt me! too! You just stood there, and we were friends and did you care?!" she yelled. Her throat dry, burning and hurting.

"I DID CARE!" he shrieked.

"If you just walked away with Cherrypaw after she hurt my shoulder, then wrong answer!" she hissed.

"Liar!" Lakepaw spat.

"Its your fault she ran away!" Lakepaw tensed.

"And its your fault that...I felt horrible and worthless!" Marshpaw screamed, that Flamestar pricked up his ears and ran over.

"Cherrypaw took everything from me, my friends, my sanity, my emotions!" she screamed, jumping onto Lakepaw biting his shoulder, deep and hard, and tumbled and tossed with him. Honeypaw was also watching from a distance, hurt that she said she wasn't her friend.

Flamestar growled.

"Stop!" he shrieked.

The two apprentices pricked up their ears, and got off of each other.

"And what do you think your doing? Lakepaw and Marshpaw?" Flamestar hissed, fury burning in his green eyes.

"Marshpaw has lost her sanity!" Lakepaw meowed, with a tint of anger in his voice.

"No she hasn't, Lakepaw, stay more quiet please, now separate, if your gonna argue, argue somewhere else not here, and DON'T hurt each other. Otherwise, we may have a little word with the rogues about taking you in, as in I will not hesitate to exile you." Flamestar growled.

Marshpaw was astonished and stomped off with Lakepaw by her side.

"Go away," she muttered under her breath.

Lakepaw looked now offended, "Marshpaw, I want to say one thing before you leave me, please..." Lakepaw meowed, regret very noticeable in his voice.

"I thought you hated me," Marshpaw muttered.

"I-I..." he stammered.

"Its over Lakepaw, our friendship is over." she hissed, sorrowfully.

"No- Wait! Please- I just want to explain what happened, that's all!" Lakepaw cried.

"Fine, but if it doesn't convince me, call our 'broken friendship' just over more than it is." she blinked, impatiently.

"Speak!" she ordered.

"Fine- Well, I went up to Cherrypaw one day, I teased her, she didn't like that, so I apologised , I trained with her, and we became really good friends, so, I spent a bit of time with her, and she didn't mind, we were just good friends, and I don't know why your complaining about me becoming mates with her, because, honestly we aren't... I'm just her friend, I want to be your friend too again, but you wont let me..." Lakepaw heavily breathed, getting that off his chest.

Marshpaw was astonished, she had taken this all the wrong way... she thought that she would be ignored by Cherrypaw and be replaced if they became mates.

"The only reason why-" she paused, tearing up, realizing what she had done.

"I didn't want you to be mates was I-I thought I would be replaced, by you and her both. I thought you would replace her with me, and she wouldn't care about me anymore because she had a new friend to worry about and not me." she retorted, a tear burning down her cheek.

"Your right Lakepaw, this is all my fault. Why Cherrypaw ran away, why I ran away, why I clawed a RiverClan patrol, and scared them away." she blinked, another tear forming.

"Why would I replace you? Marshpaw?" Lakepaw, asked calmly, padding up next to her.

"Because, I'm obviously not good enough for anyone," she meowed.

"We had a good time on that patrol together, you fought like LionClan, Marshpaw." he admitted.

"Yeah- Yeah we did." she looked up slightly, covering the tears with her tail.

"I was going to ask, would you mind helping me find Cherrypaw? She ran in that direction, so lets keep heading, I think you and her got some apologising to do." Lakepaw smiled a bit.

"Yeah, but she doesn't need to apologise, it was all me." she swallowed, feeling like there was some huge thing clogging her throat.

"No, I think I should apologise too you, I think, I should say sorry, for watching your sister bite you and not resolve the problem." Lakepaw replied.

"I forgive you, Lakepaw, and Cherrypaw," Marshpaw bit her lip, feeling tired from all her crying, her head did hurt too.

"Think of it in this way, as soon as we find Cherrypaw, we can all go hunting together, and have a good time." Lakepaw put his tail-tip on Marshpaw's shoulder, soothingly.

"Stop being so nice." she muttered, gratefully.

"Its my job," Lakepaw smiled.

"It wasn't a couple of minutes ago," Marshpaw smirked.

"Ah! Forget that!" Lakepaw grinned.

Marshpaw laughed, and padded off with him.

To go find Cherrypaw, to go hunting altogether, to have a good time altogether, to resolve this problem with regret and fury between the two sisters.