Chapter 15: Gossip

Marshpaw yawned as the sun started setting, Cherrypaw had left her and stirred up heat when she asked her what was wrong. She had been worried for her sister, but her mind told her she's probably having one of those mood swings.

She wiped her eyes, and something rustled in the bushes.

She paused and halted. Checking her surroundings, was someone spying on her?

"Frogpaw, Rosepaw?" she meowed, her eyes widening as she caught a glimpse of cream fur with a black and white pelt also.

Rosepaw tumbled out of a bush Frogpaw with her, and the leaves blew onto their face. She blew them off herself.

"You shouldn't of done that! Now she can see us!" Rosepaw gasped.

"U-Urm, I-I'm sorry Rosepaw, and M-Marshpaw," he stammered.

She shook her head. "You know Frogpaw, that's okay, I was just being boring by standing here for you guys, huh?" she grinned.

Frogpaw smiled a bit, and Rosepaw padded up, proudly, and confidently.

"Thats' the spirit," Marshpaw rested her tail-tip on Rosepaw's shoulder.

"I guess," Rosepaw shrugged, "Also," she paused.

"Agh! I forgot! I'm a mouse-brain," she blinked trying to remember.
"Frogpaw, do you remember? I could swear I told you," Rosepaw asked.

"About Skyshine having her kits right now?" Frogpaw responded.

"No, not that, but that is a cute thing after-all," she squealed.

"Wait she is?" Marshpaw asked.

"Yeah duh, everyone knows," Rosepaw rolled her eyes.

"Err- I'm going now, see ya!" Marshpaw slided away.

"You shouldn't of brought that up, I remember now, I was going to say that Dapplestream and Ripplefang are going to be parents soon," she blinked.

"But- She doesn't know any of them well!" Frogpaw frowned.

"But... everyone says a bit of gossip every so often, anyways its soooo obvious! They do all the sappy stuff too! Bleh!" She stuck out her tongue, as if she was puking.

"But- You'll do all of that some-day, Rosepaw," Frogpaw softly meowed, and then gently brushed against her littermate.

She grunted in reply, as if she was defeated.

"Well im going to sleep now, good-night!" Rosepaw growled.

Frogpaws fur bristled, and he looked taken aback by Rosepaw's bitterness. He blinked slowly, and softly, then hurrying off to find Sagepaw.

***
Marshpaw was heading to the nursery now, leaving the littermates arguing, to see if Skyshine has had her kits, she felt slightly bad for her as it was quite early.

Gorsecloud was pacing back and forward outside the nursery he was obviously worried too.

"Hey, Gorsecloud, are we allowed to go in?" Marshpaw asked.

"No, not yet, but I'm so scared, I don't know what will happen!" Gorsecloud shivered, by the thought of it.

"She'll be fine," Marshpaw rolled her eyes.

"Come in immediately, Gorsecloud, Skyshine wants you," Lynxfur called.

"What about me?!" Marshpaw snapped.

"Let her in!" Skyshine rasped.

"Fine," Lynxfur bitterly responded.

She obviously doesn't like me then. Marshpaw thought, and blinked, erasing the thought.

"Hey, Sky-" Marshpaws eyes widened.

"Skyshine!" Gorsecloud rushed over.

"What-" Marshpaw was cut off, blood was all over the nursery floor.

"She had four kits, two of them died," Mintleaf meowed.

"How can you stay calm in a situation like this!?" Gorsecloud snapped lying at Skyshines side.

"No- No- No!" Gorsecloud's tears were visible and very noticeable.

"G-Gorsecloud," Skyshine rasped, blinking.

"I'm naming the two kits that are alive, if that's okay," she stammered, and struggled to breath and get the words out.

"What will you name them! Please tell me!" Gorsecloud's gaze rested on Skyshine, deeply, with grief.

"Reedkit, and Featherkit," she blinked. "You name the ones that hunt with StarClan," Skyshine rasped again, stopping in the middle of her sentence and then continuing.

"I don't know what I will name them... " Gorsecloud grieved.

***
Marshpaw was still in shock and horror, watching Skyshine on the floor, bleeding and Gorsecloud resting with her. She cannot un-see, what she just saw...

This chapter was really fun to write xD, Anyways thanks for reading this ~Marshwillow

What'd you think about Skyshine dying too? Marshpaw didn't exactly like her, but she didn't want her to die like, so yeah! Predictions anyone? xD

~Marshwillow again.