Chapter 19: Truth

Marshpaw felt a pang of sympathy for her sister, she didn't want to be like this for all she knew. She flattened her ears, "...And this argument is my fault."

"You know, im sorry, I shouldn't of shouted at you and think i'm better than you, cause i'm not." Marshpaw blinked.

"Maybe hunting is just my thing and not fighting." Marshpaw shook thoughts away.

"Dont say that! Your fine the way you are, you know i'm your sister and i'll always be by your side whether you like it or not." she flicked her tail.

"I guess," Marshpaw exclaimed, she didn't want Frogpaw nor Cherrypaw to die, or Cherrypaw to kill Frogpaw.

"You know I don't mind if your with Frogpaw anymore, I wasn't going to take him." Cherrypaw admitted.

"Hmm." Marshpaw sighed.

Cherrypaw didn't say anything she simply followed behind Archstar to retreat to the island and some of the senior warriors carried the bodies of the dead medicine cat and deputy. The elders probably were swept away, and Marshpaw still felt shock from the sight of that. She felt really bad.

Frogpaw padded beside her, brushing against her. She didn't feel like talking now, it was late at night, she was tired and filled with grief.

"Are you okay?" he asked. Marshpaw just wanted to vent everything to him, her sisters crimes, how much she wanted to be a good fighter but can't, how much she was tired, how much she can actually stand, how much grief she felt for her fallen clanmates...

But she couldn't, unless she wanted to be a snitch, she's not that mean, she couldn't reveal her sister like that Cherrypaw is a loyal warrior now. She knew also that the new deputy would be named soon.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking Frogpaw," Marshpaw meowed.

"I'm serious." Frogpaw murmured.

"I know, just a lot has happened... I haven't been able to train for days..." Marshpaw explained, picking her words carefully not to reveal anything.

"I know, its hard, but we will be friends right?" Frogpaw meowed.

"Of course," Marshpaw purred and they got to the island after walking through what seemed like a moon of sandy patches and huge long trees.

A glimmer of hope burned in her chest, WindClan might not be destroyed after all.

"Greetings," A voice called.

"Littlestar?" Archstar narrowed his eyes to slits, did he make it to the gathering or will he admit he had to retreat here too?

"Your not Flamestar." Littlestar voice had a tint of grief in it.

"Yes, his death is unknown at the moment, we suspected a ThunderClan Cat came and killed him."

"Interesting...I knew ThunderClan are up to their non-clever sneaky tricks." Littlestar, the ShadowClan leader hissed.

"I never knew you took sides, Littlestar," Archstar flashed at him.

"It's not that, our warrior Sparroweye, she died, killed in cruel blood by a ThunderClan warrior about a moon ago." Littlestar flicked his tail.

"At least she hunts in Starclan now." Archstar blinked.

"Hopefully." Littlestar grumbled.

"We lost a couple of warriors today because of the flood, how about your clan?" Archstar meowed.

"We only lost Tawnyface." Littlestar mumbled.

"We lost way more than that, we lost Softstep, the deputy, Mintleaf, our medicine cat, and Shrewfang and Owlheart both elders." Archstar meowed.

"ShadowClan are sorry to hear that, Archstar." he blinked.

"Funny to hear that from you, but we are staying here tonight, Windclans camp is destroyed." Archstar blinked.

"We are here too although Shadowclan didn't suffer that much." Littlestar meowed, with a tint of tease in his voice.

Marshpaw watched this all happen, she dug her claws in the ground, was Littlestar pitying WindClan?

Frogpaw padded up behind her then swept beside her, brushing against her pelt, Sagepaw looked at him from a distance with Rosepaw, they murmured something in each others ears.

Cherrypaw wasn't sure, but she was just gazing up into the stars, was their grief hidden in her eyes?

She stretched, and her gaze met Frogpaws, they stared at eachother for a moment, until Rosepaw burst and broke out the silence.

"Oooooh! Frogpaw likes Marshpaw!" Rosepaw exclaimed.

Frogpaw flushed a bit, but turned away so Marshpaw couldn't see what his expression said.

"Shut up," he muttered. "I dont like her that well, only as a friend." he lied.

"I'll explain later," Frogpaw muttered in Rosepaws ear, Marshpaw couldn't hear him, Was this true?

She couldn't find herself being with Lakefrost, he was just not right for her, and she couldn't find herself being with Sagepaw, Cherrypaw would murder me, but I dont like Sagepaw either, hes really rude, but maybe he's only rude because he has a crush on Cherrypaw? No, that isn't right, I think.

But when she thought about other cats, nothing went in her mind, but when she gazed at Frogpaw, her mind would burst into thoughts, thinking about him.

She stood in silence while Frogpaw was with his littermates, probably explaining.

Cherrypaw would tell me right? I could swear when I told him something earlier, he flushed, now heres the real test. Im going to compliment him and see what he does.

Thats a good idea.

So yeah, Now Frogpaws crush for Marshpaw is quite obvious, and Marshpaw no longer has a tiny crush on Lakefrost. Bet you would of never guessed ;)

Im joking, but yeah, how do you feel about Frogpaw x Marshpaw?

Find out what he says on the next chapter of The Silver Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

If Cherryfeather puts that in. xD.