Chapter 1

Ayeshas POV

My feet rapidly tapped as I waited for her to finish typing things in the computer. I started to grow impatient and let out a deep breath. "Ma'am I'm going to miss my flight if you don't hurry."

"I'm sorry Miss. I have to follow protocol. I'm sure you'll be fine." She gave me a slight smile before returning her attention back to the computer in front of her. I let out a sigh and looked on my phone to see that there was five minutes until my plane took off.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, she handed me some papers. "Enjoy your flight!" I took the papers and grabbed my purse. Checking my phone one last time. Great, my plane is supposed to be taking of right now.

I secured all my belongings before running down the airport to get to my gate. Of course, with my luck, it had to be one of the furthest away. Making my way between people I accidentally bumped into a figure but payed no attention to it.

Once I finally made it to my gate I went directly to one of the workers. "I'm here for my flight to Oakland," I panted, trying to hand her my ticket.

"I'm sorry. The plane to Oakland just took off." She gave me a sincere look and all I could is groan. "We can get you on the next flight?"

"Yes please. When's the soonest flight?" If I was lucky then there was the slightest chance I would have a slight chance of making it to my meeting.

"In two hours. I have you booked in." Nope, scratch that. I nodded my head and dragged my feet over to the open seats. I sat down with nothing but my carry on, purse, and phone. Of course of all people this happens to me.

I decided to grab a coffee and light snack considering two hours in a airport alone can seem like an eternity. I sat back down and ate all of it. I didn't even notice I was finished until I went for some more, to be met with nothing.

I sat in silence scrolling through my phone. I let my workers know I wouldn't be able to make it to the meeting then plopped my phone down on my lap.

"I'm guessing you missed you're flight?" A man asked that was a few seats down.. I looked over to the man, then around to see if he was talking to me. He chuckled when I looked back at him.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Well I could tell by the way you were running down the airport," he explained. "And how you rudely bumped into me," he added in a sarcastic voice. I chuckled shaking my head.

"I'm sorry about that, I was in a rush. But that didn't do me any good considering I'm stuck here alone in a airport," I sighed raising my eyebrows, making him laugh.

"Let me guess, you were to busy shopping? Or turning down a guy who was feeling you?" I chuckled and shook my head no.

"No, actually," I smiled. "I overslept. I'm not very good when it comes to waking up. Let alone waking up and being on time to something. Too much for me."

He laughed and held out his hand. "I'm Stephen, Stephen-."

"Curry," we said in sync. He smiled looking at me with a confused face. I could tell it was him from the get go. Even with the 'disguise' he had on so people wouldn't recognize him.

"I bet everyone has heard about you. Aren't you like a god on the court or something?"

"I don't know if I'd put it like that, but, I try," He said with a smile on his face. "I didn't catch your name, though."

"It's Ayesha. Someone I bet nobody has heard about," I said, seeing him smirk. "Except you and a few others, of course."

"I'm honored, really." He held his heart making me burst out laughing. I saw him crack a smile too. The laughter started to die down and I yawned. "You tired?"

I nodded my head. "Yes. It's 3 in the morning and I got like 2 hours of sleep." I rested my head against my arm.

"Then why don't you take a nap before your flight is called?"

"Because, knowing me, I'd miss this flight. Better not take any chances."

He chuckled. "I'll wake you up before we board the plane, I promise."

"Fine, but you better Curry, or else I'm coming for you," I teased. I grabbed my blanket from my carry on and got comfortable.

"Oo I'm so scared," I heard him say. I gave him a playful glare before closing my eyes shut. Sooner than later falling asleep.

Time couldn't go by slow enough, cause before you know it, I was getting woken. My eyes fluttered open to see Steph with a panicked face. "What?" I asked, sitting up right.

"Well I kind of fell asleep too, and uh, we missed our flight by ten minutes." He gave me a slight smile, not knowing what to do.

"No way, Steph!" I groaned and put my head in my hands. I heard him laugh making me look up at him.

"Relax, I'm just playing with you. But if you don't get up now we might just actually miss it." I shook my head, standing up with a smile on my face.

"You play too much, yet I barely even know you." I heard him chuckle while I got all my things together. "Well I guess this is it. Goodbye Curry."

"Nah, we'll cross paths in the future, I know it," he said as we made our way to the attendant. We gave her our tickets, and we walked through the tunnel, eventually getting to the plane, making our way to our separate seats. "But goodbye Ayesha, for now at least."
__________________

Thanksssss for reading!! Make sure to comment and also vote! Y'all better be ready..