Chapter 13

Ayeshas POV

I was finally back home, after the whirlwind of events that happened back in Cleveland. Just thinking back to all that happened made me cringe inside.

Stephen has tried reaching out to me, but I've ignored everything. Even though I want to act like everything was alright, I couldn't. I mean, it was pretty obvious to everyone that I wasn't. But I am trying to convince everyone that I was fine. I am fine.

There are so many headlines about how 'I was trying to ruin Steph's relationship' and 'home wrecker' and that I was a 'gold digger'. But how can all of that be true when I had no idea another person was involved?

I was so clustered with all of my thoughts that I've been keeping myself on the down low the past couple of days. I know that makes me look weak but I can't stand the thought of seeing Steph. So I didn't take my chances.

My phone rung, and seeing it was Nellie I picked it up. "Hey, Nel."

"Hey, Ish. How are you holding up?"

"Fine." I paused for a moment. "I'm sure everyone thinks I'm acting like a baby."

"No, they don't. They all think Steph is a dick. They all knew how you felt about him, I mean I'm pretty sure he knew how you felt about him-."

"That's what makes it even more embarrassing. Everyone knows I got rejected. That's so humiliating. I should've known he would've never had feelings for me anyways."

"Don't start thinking that. You are blaming yourself when you did nothing wrong."

"I just don't get it. He never mentioned whoever that girl at the club was, ever. You would think he would've said something. And all those times I kissed him, you would've thought he would say something and stop me. Ugh I'm so stupid!"

"You were too good for him anyways."

My door knocked making me groan, I wasn't up for the company. "Look I have to go, I'll call you tomorrow?"

When I opened the door I had the biggest temptation to shut it right in his face. But I had to be the bigger person. "Stephen. What are you doing here?" I averted my eyes to the floor because his gaze was too strong.

"I, uh, wanted to talk to you, about the other night?" Of course he does.

"Look Steph, just forget any of that happened okay? Let's just move on with our lives." I tried to shut the door, but he stopped it and walked in, shutting it himself.

"I have to talk to you." He said once again, this time more sternly.

"Why? So you can make me feel more embarrassed than I already am?!" He cut me off before I could say anything else.

"No, not at all. Just listen-."

"No, I'm sorry, but you listen. Look Stephen, you lead me on. And maybe I was just thinking that, but it really felt like you were. And if that's how you treat every girl you meet, you really know how to make them feel special."

"How else am I supposed to treat girls? Ordinary girls like you-."

"And that's just it, isn't it?" I tried my best not to cry. "I'm just an ordinary girl. I'm not like the other girls you know. I don't have the fame, money, looks. I'm not good enough for you."

He ran his hand over his face and sighed. "That's not what I meant at all. Please just-."

"Save it." I said, wiping my tears away. "You knew how I felt about you. You probably just enjoyed the attention, right?" I opened the door. "Bye, Stephen."

"Just give me one more chance, Ish. Please." As much as I wanted to say yes, I couldn't. I would never stop being an ordinary girl.

"Let's just go back to being the girl and guy who accidentally bumped into each other at the airport."  He sighed and walked out of the door. I was hoping we would fight for me just a little more.
_________________
Thanks for reading!!
Sorry it's so short :|
Leave a vote and comment!