Chapter 6

Ayeshas POV

"If you keep eating like that Nells, you just might never get a husband," I teased, watching her wipe all the food off her face. She glared at me giving me the finger.

"At least when I'm hanging out with a guy I don't act awkward as hell," she laughed. She was talking about my night with Steph. Things just started going downhill towards the end.

"Can you please stop bringing that up?" I whined. "That was seriously one of the most embarrassing moments of my life and part of it is your fault!"

"Ish, this is my sister Sydel."

I looked at Stephen, who was looking at me, then I looked at Sydel, who was already staring back at the two of us.

"I'll just leave you two be." She walked away with a smirk, mounting something to Steph but I couldn't catch it.

I stood there not knowing what to do because literally a minute ago we were about to lock lips, now we were both standing in silence. "We should probably clean this mess," I awkwardly laughed breaking the silence.

He laughed too and we were on level 100 of awkwardness right now. "Right."

We started to clean, which sucked because the flour went in every square inch. I also clean my face off that way I didn't look like a snowman.

Steph and I were wiping the island off when my phone went off. And with what it said, I wished it wasn't in the center of the island screen side up. But of course my luck. We both looked at it and I immediately grabbed it to put in my pocket.

Nellie- i hope you gettin' that good d ;) you need it in your system

"I, um. I have no idea where that came from. Nellie can be a bit crazy sometimes," I chuckled hoping it would break the awkwardness.

"Don't worry about it," he smiled. He looked down and let out the cutest chuckle. I blushed not knowing why; maybe the text itself or because I knew he was laughing about the text.

"I should probably head out. You have a flight to catch and from the looks of it your family is starting to show up." I put on my jacket and got my purse.

"You didn't even have dinner yet," he chuckled. Shit, Ayesha. I totally forget about that.

"Rain check?"

"Definitely," he smiled.

"Well good luck on your games. I'll be rooting for you. Go take that championship." He smirked, coming over to me giving me a slight hug.

"Well thank you. Now that I have your luck there's no way we will loose." I blushed right when we pulled away. Luckily he didn't say anything.

"Goodbye Stephen."

"Goodbye Ish."

As I walked away I heard Sydel saying something about it being the 'cringiest thing ever'. Yup, I agree.

I buried my head in my pillow and groaned. "Why did you send that text anyways?"

"Cause your my girl and I was just stating facts," she shrugged. "Doesn't he play like," she paused and looked at her phone, "right now?"

"Shit, yeah." I turned on the TV and saw they were already deep into the second quarter. They were down by 12 heading into halftime.

Stephens POV

It was halftime, we were down for the first time in the series, and the vibes in the locker room weren't so great. Coach gave us a good talk and I was ready to go.

The buzzer went off, and we were back in action. And let's just say, it's not the start we wanted. My shots weren't falling, my passes were getting stolen, and the lead just kept getting bigger and bigger.

And as soon as you know it, the final buzzer went off and we lost. Not wanting to talk to anyone I went straight to the locker room and held my head in frustration. We were there, and we lost it. Instead of being up 3-0, it was 2-1.

After coach gave us a talk I quickly got ready and joined my teammates on the bus. Just like halftime, the energy was low. I just put on my headphones and tuned everything out.

Shortly we arrived at the hotel we were staying at. After getting situated I went to the hotel bar. Creepy that I was alone? Maybe just a little bit, but it didn't seem to phase anyone.

After only a couple drinks I found myself feeling somewhat escalated, but nothing major. I finished up my last drink and got ready to go back to my room but was stopped by a woman.

"And if it isn't Stephen Curry," she said, soothing out my shirt. "What are you doing down here alone?"

"Just came down to get my mind off of a few things," I replied, still being weary about the woman.

"How about I help you get your mind off of things?" She whispered. At the state I was at I knew the difference from right and wrong, yet I still was hesitant to answer. "Come on, Curry."

And that's when it hit me. Ayesha. That's what she calls me. I only had eyes for one woman and it was her. And even if we weren't together, I couldn't never do that. I couldn't possibly ruin what I could potentially have with her.

"Sorry, but I think I better just go to bed." I excused myself and made my way back up to my room. I got ready for bad and let out a sigh of relief once my body hit the mattress. I turned off all the lights and grabbed my phone.

I tapped on Ayesha's contact and debated on whether or not I should text her. But I didn't have to make the decision. My phone buzzed as her name popped up.

Ayesha- You played good, Curry ;) don't stress yourself, you got this next one! Sweet dreams
_______________
It will slowly but surely come together lol
Hope you are enjoying
| Vote & Comment |