Chapter 21

Ayeshas POV

My eyes fluttered open as the sunlight started to seep through the window. The sound of the ocean was the perfect way to wake up, so calming and relaxing.

I looked at the time on my phone; 7 in the morning, the perfect time to watch the sunrise. I got out of bed, and put on a sundress, and let my hair down loose. I didn't bother putting on shoes. I walked outside and sat along the edge of the deck, letting my legs dangle into the ocean.

The sunrise was a mix of colors, and it reflected against the ocean making the morning even better. The only sounds were the birds, and the ocean hitting the shore.

Today was our last day here, and surprisingly, the trip wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, of course it had it's ups and downs, but more ups than downs.

So much has happened on this trip, I can't even wrap my head around it. And of course, now I'm in a cluster of emotions. With everything that's happened with Steph, I'm not sure how to feel anymore.

I zoned out watching my feet move around the water while the wind blew my hair all over. When I heard footsteps I turned around and saw Stephen walking towards me. "Hey Ish," he said loud enough only for me to hear.

"Hey," I shot him a smile and looked back down to my feet in the water. He sat next to me and put his feet in the water like me.

We just sat there in silence, watching the sunrise. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Steph said, not taking his eyes off the sky.

"Mhmm," I mumbled. "Makes me not want to go back." I sighed, directing my attention back to the ocean.

"Me either. I wish we could stay here forever. Not have to deal with the real world."

"We?" I bit my lip and looked up at him.

"Yes, we. Just me and you, no one else."

"Stephen, what you said the other day, about screwing up something that could have potentially been the best thing in your life, were you talking about," I kind of trailed off, but Stephen started to speak.

"You?" I nodded my head yes, now regretting what I had just asked. "Well you are the best thing in my life, aren't you? Then I had to screw that up, it was one of the worst mistakes I have ever made." I let out a small smile, not knowing what to say.

"Stephen-."

"You're the one I want to be with with Ayesha. Ever since I met you, I knew it was going to be you. You're the most perfect to me. Your absolutely beautiful, your personality makes it hard for people not to like you, and when you walk into a room you put a smile on everyone's faces. You're always trying to make jokes, and they are so bad they are actually funny, when you drink to much alcohol you're the life of the party, you make sure everyone else it taken care of before you are, whenever you lie your lip starts to quiver-."

"Wait, what did you just say?"

"About your try hard jokes?"

"I'm the one you want to be with?"

"I can't wait any longer, Ish. Not being with you kills me. I love you, and I want to be with you."

I was speechless, and didn't know how to react. But when he started to lean in, I knew what I wanted. I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him closer. And when our lips touched, it was like the first raindrop of a drought.

I smiled and pulled away after a few seconds. "I love you too, Curry." All along and I'm just now realizing, all of this so called hatred I've had towards him, was actually just love.

"You have no idea how bad I've wanted that to happen," I smiled, resting my head against his. He laced our hands together, and we sat there, in silence.

"And I promise you I'm not messing up anything this time," he added. I chuckled and dug my face deeper into his chest.

"What's the world gonna think of this, Curry?"

"Who cares what they think. It's just me and you- and this water," he smirked.

"What?" Before I could process anything, he pushed me into the water. I immediately swam up, gasping for air. "Curry!" I wiped my eyes off and looked at him, trying my best not to laugh. "Can I at least have a hand up?"

"Sure." He was still laughing as he held his hand out. And just like the movies, I pulled him in with me. He came up from under and was laughing.

"You're gonna pay for that Ish!" He swam over to me and wrapped his hands around my waist.

"Oh. And how is that?" I smirked, wrapping my hands around his neck.

"By this." And he brought his lips to mine.

__________________
Ahh! It's official!
Thank you for reading!
Vote and comment!