Chapter 19

Ayeshas POV

After that I just left the restaurant, I wasn't able to stand everything that was going on back there. So I left. Not saying anything to anyone. I just needed some alone time, I haven't gotten much of that this trip.

I took my time walking back to my bungalow, dragging my feet along the shore. The moon illuminated the whole island and it was stunning.

Once I finally made it back I put my purse down and collapsed on the bed. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. After a minute of thinking I decided to take a shower. With all the activities I did today, I think I was definitely in need of one.

I ran the shower and got in once it was steaming. I felt at ease running my hands through my hair and having the water drip down my body. I washed my hair and body, then took a couple minutes to relax.

Once I was finished I put on a robe and some lotion on my legs. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, and while I was brushing my hair there were a few knocks on the door. I set the brush down and went over to see who it was.

"Hey. Ayesha." Stephen said in a very odd tone. I could tell he was very nervous. And I was too. I just stood there, looking at him, until I snapped back into the real world.

"Um, hey?" Was all I could say. He gave me a slight smile before pointing inside.

"Can I come in?" What the heck was happening? I nodded my head yes and opened the door wider allowing him to come in.

"Um, is everything okay?" I had no idea what to say, and I had no idea why he was here. I took a seat on the bed, waiting for him to answer. "Steph?"

"No, everything's not okay. Zaya is being a complete ass to you, and-."

Before he could say anything else, I cut him off. "Stephen your fine. That's her problem, not yours. You don't have to feel bad," I chuckled.

"But I do, and I should. Cause I've also been an ass to you, and that's not alright." Oh lord, I could feel the waterworks coming. Don't cry in front of him, you got this.

"Stephen, it's fine. Really," I tried to convince him. The sooner he was out of here the better. And here the tears come. I quickly wiped them away, but not fast enough for Steph not to see them. He sighed before taking a seat next to me.

"See. I hate that I'm doing this to you. You don't deserve any of this. I'm really sorry." I kept my eyes down, not wanting to make eye contact.

"Why are you really here?"

"Because you deserve an explanation, after everything I put you through." Yeah, I agree. "But Ish, look at me." And like always, he had some sort of power over me. So I looked up at him, and promised myself to try my best not to cry.

"Okay, let me first off start by saying you aren't an ordinary girl. When I came over that day words were just coming out of my mouth and I was trying to say one thing but all this different stuff was coming out. And I know that's not an excuse. Listen, Ayesha, you are far from an ordinary girl. I've met so many people in my lifetime, and you stand out by far. It's just your whole demeanor. So please, trust me when I say you are far from an ordinary girl." I gave him a slight toothless smile, not knowing how else to react. "And with Zaya."

"Really it's okay Stephen-."

"I owe this to you." So I sealed my mouth and let him speak. "Well you've probably heard some stories by now. We were on and off for a couple years, but it was never anything serious. Us living in different cities and our careers made it rough for it to get that way. And when I met you, let's just say my status with her was complicated. Actually, let me start with when I very met you. At the airport I was flying back from New York City because I spent the weekend with her, and that's where and when I met you. And while I was with you." He pauses for a moment. "Well. Not with, but you get what I'm saying. We stopped all communication, it kind of just came natural. We didn't talk from when I left the airport till the championships. And believe me when I say I completely forgot about her when I was around you. And I know I should've told you about her, but I'm stupid, and I didn't think too. And then, boom, she just popped up the night of the championship."

I just looked at him, speechless. I wanted to say something, I just didn't know what. Nothing was coming out of my mouth.

And then everything around me started to get dizzy. He was leaning in, but I think I leaned in first. I had no idea. We were inches apart and I could feel him breathing. He cupped my cheek and wrapped his other hand around my lower waist... Then our lips finally touched. I wrapped my hands around his neck and brought him closer to me, if that was even possible.

He ran his hands through my hair as he kissed me passionately. But I winced once his hand ran over the cut. "Are you alright? He softly asked. I gave me a sly smile and nodded my head yes. But he got a better look at it, moving my hair. "Is this the cut from the rock?" I nodded my head yes, not wanting to talk. "It's still bleeding Ish, we need to get this looked at, right now."

I stopped him. "No. It's fine. Let's just focus on us." I cupped his cheeks and kissed him, then gave him a reassuring look. He finally caved in and started to kiss me again.

He gently laid me down on the bed and kissed my cheek down to my neck making me let out a light moan. I ran my hands through his curly fro slightly pulling on it. He came back to my lips bringing me in for another passionate kiss before he went down to untie my robe. This was what I wanted, right? I didn't have to make that decision.

"Hey, how are you holding up in here Ish?" Nellie asked, barging into the room. Stephen quickly stood up and I repeated the action. She stopped dead in her tracks witnessing what was just going on between me and Steph.

"Uh, I should probably go. I'll see you guys tomorrow." He left the room and Nellie was still in shock.

"What the hell was that?"

"Ugh, I don't even know." I whined getting under the sheets. I threw the pillow on top of my head and scream. "He was just telling me how he was sorry, and he explained everything to me. I don't know where he was getting at though. My life is such a mess!"

"Okay, I said what the hell was that. As in you guys freaking about to have sex!"

"Everything just happened too fast. I'll explain to you later. I need to go to sleep." She gave me a weary look before saying goodnight and leaving. But she was right, what the hell was that?

___________________
Anddd thank you for reading!
Vote and comment!