Chapter 5

Stephens POV

I was chilling at Klay's house debating on whether or not I should text Ayesha. It's been a couple days, and the only texts that have been sent between us are her congratulating me on the win we had on game 2 just a couple nights ago.

"Man, what's up with you?" Klay asked. "Your eyes have been glued to your phone all afternoon."

"It's nothing, man. Really, don't worry about it," I shrugged. He gave me the really look. He knew me to well. "I'm wondering if I should text this girl or not."

"Wait, your talkin' to a girl? I guess there really is a first time for everything!" Klay laughed, but I didn't find it funny all.

"Fuck off man," I glared at him with a small smile. "But, yes, I'm talking to a girl. Well kind of, I guess it's kind of complicated."

"Kind of? Well is she into you or what?" He asked, plopping his legs into the table in front of him.

"That's the thing. I can't tell. But I'm feeling her though. Like really feeling her," I sighed.

"Well just make a move and see how she reacts," Klay said, as if it was simple.

"I don't want to mess it up with her. That could send all the wrong signals."

"She's that special, huh?" I nodded. "Do I know her?"

"Actually, yeah. You remember the girl from the club when we went out before game one?" I asked making Klay nod. "Well that's her."

"The one who saved you from your drought of getting laid?" Klay laughed, taking a drink of his tea.

"We didn't even have sex Klay," I laughed shaking my head. "She just insisted that I let her help me so it looked like I did."

"So your whipped just from that gesture?" Klay smirked. "You've only seen the girl once, Steph," he laughed.

"I've actually seen her several times. When I was coming back from that trip to New York we bumped into each other, then again at the game the other night."

"Man, you seem really into her. Just balls up and text her. What's the worst that's gonna happen?"

"You're right." I pulled out my phone to finally text her, but plopped it back down on my lap. "What do I even say?" I whined more then I meant to.

"How about a hey?" Klay chuckled. I rolled my eyes and picked up my phone again.

Stephen- Hey.

I let out a sigh of relief when she texted back immediately.

Ayesha- Heyyy

Stephen- What's up?

Ayesha- Literally nothing which is why I'm thanking the lord you texted me

Stephen- So I'm your knight in shining armour?? Glad I could come to your rescue ;)

Ayesha- Yeah yeah, I think I should ignore you next time :)