Chapter 4

Stephens POV

Today was the day. Today was the first day down another path to a championship. My nerves were starting to get the best of me, but I couldn't let that get in my head.

My whole family was practically staying with me during this playoff run. So I went downstairs, greeted my family, and we all had breakfast/lunch together. I was in my zone, and I probably was going to be for a while. My family knew not to mess with me too much so they don't snap me out of my thoughts.

After eating, I went upstairs and got ready. Taking a shower I then put on the outfit my stylist had picked and took no time saying goodbye to my family and getting into the car.  I was ready for this game.

It was about 50 minutes later when I arrived at the arena at 2 o'clock. The game at was seven. This way I could have the arena to myself before it starts to get busy.

I entered the arena that consisted of only a few people who were preparing for tonight's game. I went straight to the locker room and got dressed in appropriate clothes.

I walked down the tunnel, grabbing a rack of basketballs and started to get some shots up.

Ayeshas POV

"Wait, Nellie slow down. I can't understand you. English please," I sighed through the phone, plopping down on the couch.

"Okay, so you know how I called you the other night and asked if you wanted to go to the club?" She asked, her voice sounding giddy.

"Nellie, it's almost midnight. There's no way I'm meeting you at the club! That's nonsense, Nel," I yelled through the phone so she could hear me through the loud music on her end.

"Come on Ayesha! I need someone to turn up with!" She slurred her words.

"It's gonna be a no go for me. Next time though. I promise."

"Oooh nevermind I have my eyes on someone else," she said, I knew she was smirking. "I gotta go hit that up, bye loser!"

I laughed at how crazy she was. "Bye Nells, don't have too much fun!"

"How could I forget?" I chuckled.

"Well that cute guy freaking plays for the Golden State Warriors and I was too drunk to notice!"

"Oh gosh Nellie. Please say you didn't sound creepy and ask him where he lives or where he hides his money, cause that's just something you would do."

"Bitch, no! Anyways that's not what I'm trying to get at here. He invited me to tonight's game and said I could bring a plus one! Soo, what do ya say?"

It took me a minute to process what she was asking, then it finally clicked. "I don't know Nellie, I have meetings tomorrow and-."

"Work blah blah blah," Nellie said cutting me off. "Forget about work for once in your damn life! You're coming with me and you don't really have a option. I'm picking you up in about two hours," she said, hanging up before I could reject.

Well, it looks like I'm going to the game tonight. There goes my plans of actually taking a break, but oh well. Nellie was right, I needed to have more fun. I had to get ready right away considering Nellie only gave me a two hour limit.