Ch.6 The Promise

So there they were, Chase on the dirt floor and randomly waking up trying to get his mind straight and then looks up to see two caught off guard, use to be teammates, too embarrassed to say the truth but eventually spoke up.

Skye: "No!" She answered raising her voice in alarm.

Everest: "Maybe." She mumbled at the same moment Skye gave her response.

Which just ended up getting an abash and a little unsettling look from the Shepherd.

Chase: "Anyways...what happened to both of you?! You look like you were in a fight. Do you need to go to a hospital? Or at least the ?" He paused seeing if they understood. "Because both of you really could use it."

He doesn't remember? Or is he just trying to avoid the confrontation?

Skye: "So your telling me that you don't remember anything?"

Chase touched his forehead, it was burning and aching really awful.

Chase: "Y-yes? Wait no...I mean, all I remember is blacking out when you came and-oh no."

Suddenly, Chase was found in a state of panic. He got up on all fours, rapidly, like the forest was on fire and they all were in huge danger. From experience he knew that blacking out like that and waking up to his head stinging in pain, were results from RC escaping.

Chase: "RC did those scars. Which means...I did." He said a little shakened at the fact.

To describe the feelings he was in, you would have to mix all the feelings of worried, confused, and most of all afraid. Deadly afraid, realizing that both the girls right in front of him, could've been in front of him but would've been part of the abiotic side of the forest if RC had continued his wrath. Chase's face had gone white and he was having a hard time getting his breathing pace back to normal. To sum it up, he looked like he was going to cry.

Chase: "I-I'm sorry." *gulps* "I didn't have c-control. I'm sorry..." He hunged his head in shame, trying mainly to cover up his face.

Then out of nowhere, Everest hugged him. An attempt to comfort. He didn't pull away but was a little surprise at the sudden warm embrace, but hugged back regardlessly. Skye stayed back and stared, anger didn't fuel her this time, sadness did.

RC: "Wow he still likes her...he still loves one of his exes...one who he recently had contact with."

Skye then recalled something else that spoke to her, it was the last words he had said.

RC: "Why don't you ask him yourself."

Skye's POV: "Maybe I should. The problem is, will he tell me?"

Moments after Everest let go of him, she lifted Chase's head and looked him in the eyes.

Everest: "It's okay. It's not your fault. It was mine. I got you mad in the first place, I made you come to the forest, I didn't make an effort to just talk it out, I-."

Chase: "None of that matters, yes I'm mad at you, but I should've gotton that kind of mad, I should have stopped myself...like how we talked about."

He glanced at Skye out of the corner of his eye. He got her attention when she noticed, taking her back from the fantasyland she was in.

Chase: "All of it is my fault. Only mine."

In turn, Skye weakly smiled knowing exactly what he meant, he was trying to forgive her. She knew he never could. She went to where he was and on the verge of tears, she hugged him. But something was different, she felt it, it wasn't a quick hug like Everest did to Chase. It was stronger. It was more passionate. Like when soldiers came home from war and got reunited with their families. Their faces, their emotions, their love for each other. Nothing could departure them ever again.