Ch.12 Welcome

It's morning. That was the first thought that came to Skye's mind as she fluttered her eyes open. The window from the night before let the daylight spill through, directly shining it's way upon her. Annoyingly, hitting the back of her closed eyelids.

Skye: "Where...?"

She took a moment to inspect her location thoroughly. Past events from last night came rushing into her head and that's when Skye was able to register how she ended up here.

All she learned, what she had done to be in this place. With...Chase. The Cockapoo felt his presence even before she looked, one of his arms were set around her. Temporarily alarmed, her eyes grew, waking her up completely.

A specific sentence ringing inside her skull as she remembered his statement, the last thing that he almost noislessly whispered. Those three words, I'll protect you.

Skye's POV: "From what? Or who? Wouldn't Chase's rules be able to help me enough?"

Her train of thought came to a halt when a weight on her back was unexpectedly removed. Chase's arm was drawn back as a mumble escaped his lips.

Chase: "Morning already?" He said more to himself than out loud.

His vision then focused onto the Poodle mix as he got out from the single blanket. She did the same, her fur becoming exposed to the fresh atmosphere.

Skye: "Good morning."

Instead of saying anything Chase just stood there, his gaze towards the window. Squinting because of the sun's blinding light.

Skye: "What's wrong?"

Again, he said nothing but continued to stare off. She noticed his ears were more straighten than usual, telling her that he was either trying to pinpoint an unknown target or listening precisely.

From her own senses she couldn't identify anything out of the normal worthy of silencing for. Water currents flowing, a breeze passing by, some birds, and her roaring stomach.

Chase: "You hear that?"

Skye: "Sorry I'm very hungry."

Chase: "Not that." He paused. "That."

The female moved her floppy ears to try and pick up the certain noise. Which had the odds in her favor since she was a mix bred of dogs with some of the greatest hearing.

Skye: "Besides my stomach, all I can hear is water, the wind, birds and-."

Chase: "Exactly, the birds."

Skye: "If you want to hear bird calls you could've just said so."

Chase: "No, it means were close."

Skye: "Won't the boat take us there?" She asked, confused.

Chase: "Well up to this point it did, but all of Concealed Islands aren't very famous, so planes and boats often don't even place it on the map, it's isolated. You have to know it's there to be able to find it. And I know that we are still a few feet away."

Skye: "And how did you get that from birds?"

Chase: "It's a specific type of bird really. All birds have different, unique kinds of sounds they can make. But only these birds tell me I'm near the islands. I remember them and they remind me of home. I hear them all the time there."

Walking away from the glass frame, Chase wandered to the huge chunks of luggages and cargo. After some shuffling around he returned with that homemade raft that Skye had inferred he created.

Skye: "So we're going to get off this boat right now?"

Chase's POV: "No, tell her to stay. Go away already. Why are you even here? I'm not mad at anyone right now and I'm not thinking about anyone that used me. I'm getting stronger then~. I'll be sure to say hi. I missed Trustem so much, it's my home too. Tell Ciara...she's dead for sure this time."