Ch.10 Not Alone

Everest's POV: "I literally looked EVERYWHERE! And I still haven't found that weird house shape shifter. Ugh! I'm starting to think it's invisible!"

Having no luck roaming the forest after minutes of time ticking away, she ranted, about the only thing she could do besides complain about how hungry she was. You couldn't blame her, three minutes was like an hour, and still no signs of the car, she couldn't help but to feel lost herself by this point.

Saying that she knew the forest map like the back of her paw wasn't entirely true. She only knew the center of the woods and just a few more miles around it, where her home was. Hopefully, the cruiser would be there, but that was very unlikely.

It was a vehicle after all, so it wouldn't be so smart to travel where things like sharp twigs, sticks, critters, and loads of trees are. It was safe to say that it was probably located on one of the trails. So, the purple haired dog had to travel up, towards the tower, to the unknown area to find the blue automobile.

Everest: "Wow you would think a house on wheels would stand out." She bitterly remarked.

Initially, her plan was to get close to the lookout and see if maybe she could find tracks to help her find the car. But she disregard it and felt no need for the darn thing anymore, the plan she was now following was to keep walking directly to the tower. Which is where she would get help from the paw patrol, well part of it.

However, the Husky briefly remembered an event not too long ago, where Chase got told that he had no true hero and became angered in the first place. She could only assume what happened from there, though, when she went to look for them to finish the discussion with Chase, she had recalled that RC was already unleashed.

Everest: "I wonder why?" She thought out of nowhere.

She couldn't focus too hard on that note, the female had put herself in an unfamiliarize territory. And all her deeper walking was doing was just making her anxiety get higher.

Suddenly, a startlingly grumble was heard, Everest rapidly ran behind a tree hoping that maybe it could be used as a shield of some sort. Seconds go by and another one was heard, but louder, she started to freak out a bit until she realized, it was her stomach, begging for food.

Everest: "Heh. Well that was embarrassing." She sighed a huge breath of relief, stepping away from her tree shield. "I thought it was some kind of night beast, like a wolf or maybe even a bea-."

She celebrated too soon, rather than a rumbling tummy, this noise was rough and certain to have come from someone else. The Husky's heart stop and made her cling onto her last breath. She wasn't the only one here anymore, Everest quickly ran back behind the tree in fear.

The noise was semi-close, making her ten times as petrified, endlessly it repeated in a rhythm where the sound would appear, then a pause. But the cycle just reversed itself and started all over again. That is until it dawned to her that it was a snore.

Everest: "What the...?" She said looking around her tree of protection.

From where she was standing, she didn't see anything like a sleeping animal or a weird creature. It was still around her though, moving, and she wasn't pleased with the idea of meeting it, but her frighten expression ceased.

However, this only grew complications, if she stay on her path she could potentially find the living being. In her mind, the purple canine knew she had to locate it before she did any deadly moves.

Again, she tried to spot it but with no luck, which was irritating because she could hear it just fine. Her new ploy now was to find it, she didn't want to walk right into it's grip. If she found it she would simply avoid it, not really hard or so she thought.