Ch.7 Twenty-two Stones

Chase: "That's who RC was talking about. I still love her, she's one of my exes, a-and...I've been recently in contact with her." He said going through the check list.

Everest: "What? How? When?" Her tone lowered, not only in confusion but a vague touch of culpability for Chase's uneasiness.

Skye and Everest could tell he was slightly apprehensive on how open he would have to be about his past, considering the fact that they would want to get every last single detail, but like he said before, he needed too. By keeping his promise, they could keep their own.

Chase: "Well um." He starts rubbing the back of his neck, thinking maybe it won't be as arkward as he imagined. *gulps* "I may still have had her number and-."

Everest: "You texted her?" She cut in, trying to get straight to the point.

Chase: "Y-yeah, I did. After the both of you vanished and it was storming really bad, but I HAD to find you, Everest. Because I thought...well you know, the blizzard and hero thing. But the rest of the paw patrol didn't want me to, so I waited for 15 minutes or so for Rubble's sake. The thing was, while everyone thought I was resting, I went to my pup house and texted her." He recaped.

Everest: "Why didn't you leave then? No one was around."

Chase: "I gave Rubble my word that I would wait till 15 minutes passed by. I always keep my promises, well always want to anyways. It's ironic, because how can I call someone untrustworthy if they can't even trust me. Now can we talk about something else." He said more stating then questioning.

Skye: "Oh."

Everest turned her attention towards the poodle mixed, she wasn't enjoying herself like she was.

Everest: "One moment Chase. Skye can we talk?"

Astonished, Skye gave a nod, bewildered so much she stuttered to say 'okay'. What does she want now? She thought. And why do I feel guilty?

Everest led the passive Skye a couple of feet away, dividing up the trio. Letting Chase be the one to be left alone. Once again, he said to himself.

Everest: "Are you feeling okay?" She started. "Because your literally not as talkative as someone would be to know someone's secrets."

Skye: "W-We shouldn't. I just have doubts. I mean...yes I'm dying to know just a few things about him but...what if we find out something that we might regret."

Everest: "That's the fun part. Come on, you really think someone like Chase has done something cRaZzy?" She said deriding not only the word but also the meaning. Which she just laughs off.

The more you know him the less you can trust him, but the less you know him the more you can trust him.

Skye: "No, but...you know he's only telling us because he's force too. Chase really wants us to keep our promise if he is willing to tell us everything we want to know, also the whole feeling bad for the RC thing that happened." She paused. "I want him to trust me again. I want to earn it."

Everest: "Uhuh. And how are you going to do that? Your gonna have to get him to tell you someone he didn't trust at one point but then magically got his trust again to learn how you could do it yourself."

Stumped, Skye bit her lower lip. Trying to think of a person and she finally had it.

Skye's POV: "Ciara. Chase said that she was an ex, but he still loves her, meaning that he trust her! Ciara is one lucky girl, but anyways, she has clearly done something to Chase that caused their break up, she betrayed him? Yet, he STILL trust her. It probably was something huge, he doesn't even let people say her name. Wow...I wonder what happened? She lost his trust but gained it again. How?!"