Ch. 18 Let's Talk

When all contact between the two stopped and their eyes flew open in unison; Chase could tell his companion, right across from him, was equally as shocked as he was.

Skye: "Why did we do that?!" She bursted out, completely horrified.

Chase: "You're the one who kissed me!"

Skye: "You kissed me back!"

Chase: "What else was I suppose to do!?" He exclaimed.

Skye: "Well we're not suppose to do that!"

Chase: "Then, why did you?" He questioned.

Skye: "I don't know. Why didn't you stop me?" She remarked.

Chase: "I also don't know."

An awkward silence would've surrounded the duo if not for the noisy croaks from frogs, cricket's soft chirping, and occasional fish splashing around. Everyone of them near or in the pool of water that was five feet away, six feet deep.

Like some quiet observers over the drama of the two lovebirds. During the last several seconds though, there was nothing impressive the wild animals could see.

Rows of grass swayed as the cool wind swept through every creature on land. There was the moon shining as bright as the sun, maybe even more, looking down at them silently. Patiently waiting for what happens next.

Chase's POV: "How would you tell the person you fell in love with that you hate them? After hurting you really badly you should hate them. I don't, not entirely. That's why I don't think I'll be able to tell her."

Imagine the love of your life loving you back. One single person out of everybody you ever met provoking all these emotions doing one little thing.

Falling for them all over again, the feeling is almost unbearable, but in some sort of absurd way it's enjoyable too.

Many have hated loving someone before, so this predicament isn't new. Uncommonly was deciding if this is what's really going on.

Both of their hearts were still racing, however their bodies remained motionless. They know what was done, they just couldn't comprehend why or if it was even acceptable that they did it.

Wasn't it just one kiss after all?

Skye: "Well I-I'm sorry!" She blurted out. "You probably hate me more now don't you?"

Amazed, the brown laminated canine stared straight into her cheerless eyes. Literal milliseconds after they separated from each other, the very first thing on his mind was him debating whether or not to loathe her.

So, does the Poodle mix understand the situation she has placed him in?

Chase: "I should." He gulped harshly. "I should hate you."

Her vision was getting blurry with tears close to filling them. At the same time, a hard stone clogged her throat. Dreading those words, what made it sting more was hating her was an opition he has considered.

Telling someone they should, doesn't guarantee they'll do it though, the female knows that. Regardless, it made her heart sink when her presumable soulmate could hate her, but hating him for good has never crossed her mind; not even once.

In grief and ashamed the female's head hung low, until he reached out to her with that firm, yet tender voice of reason.

Chase: "But of course I can't. The only thing I hate right now is how much I've grown attached to you."

Embarassed, the grass beneath him caught his attention. He couldn't bring himself to lock eyes with Skye after exposing himself like that.

Chase: "I shouldn't have said that! It was stupid of me." His face becoming a glowing red mess.