Ch.17 Somewhere Else

Back In Adventure Bay

She left with him; Skye convinced herself as long as she was with Chase it would mean he wasn't actually leaving her behind. Unlike the others that stayed at the beach, after midnight.

The moment the use to be couple went away so did the team's spirit.

Everyone present knew the risks of being late to stop the duo, but nothing prepared them for what to do now that the two are actually gone.

It seemed like days have passed by as the group of friends stared aimlessly at the blue and pink collars with their owners no longer attached to them.

What they felt were 24 hours of time, in reality was only minutes of a long pause. Yet, eventually, the remaining PAW Patrol headed back to the Lookout Tower.

Many believed there was no rush, their time had already ran out so there's no need to hurry anymore. Plus, contrary to the two runaways, they had no where else to go.

No one had said a word on their way back and nobody said anything once they finally did get back.

Feeling like it was all unreal, similar in hearing about someone passing away, but you could've swore they were alive and well yesterday. There was no chance of it happening right? Must be a lie and that's all there was to it.

Though, when you keep thinking about it, you slowly realize. A possibility. What makes things turn sour is when there's actual evidence proving the lie you didn't want to be true wasn't even a lie after all. First, you don't know how to feel or at least not all in an instance.

Rubble: "What now?" He asked inside the voiceless room.

A lengthy sigh loud enough for everyone to hear came out of the boy.

Ryder: "I wish I knew the answer."

Likewise, each individual wanted to express what their own disbeliefs were, but the human said it all in his response.

Disappointment was written all over his face. Which was concerning to one canine in particular.

Marshall: "You do know Ryder! We all know what we have to do!" He denounced.

Silence again, not a single soul spoke up to confirm with him. In the Lookout, every face, except his own, looked identical. Defeated, as if they lost a really important game, but instead of a game it was two vital teammates they lost as consequence.

Marshall: "Um hellooo? Snap out of it guys! We have to find them and bring them back!"

Rocky: "How?!" He condemned, tired of hearing the shouts of the blue eyed male.

The Dalmation stopped, that's why nobody was talking from the beginning. Everyone already knew someone was going to say something along the lines of what Marshall just said. So, they knew what to say to shut them up as well.

However, the firefighter was anything but predictable.

Marshall: "Look, I don't know right now, but we'll think of something! We have no reason not to."

Rocky: "I'll tell you a reason, we have no clue where to begin searching!"

Zuma: "And if we did know, they could leave as soon as we get there."

Rubble: "Would they even want to come back with us?"

Everest: "It does sound like we are at a huge disadvantage."

Marshall: "So that's it? You're all going to give up?" His voice ached.

Rocky: "You want us to try everything we can and then give up later when we can't find them?"