Trooping of the Colour-Part 1

Harry, Meghan, and Alexander are doing the trooping of the colour with their family tomorrow. It's the first time since Alexander's autism diagnosis that the whole famliy will been seen together; William, Kate, their children, and the rest of the extended royal famliy. Harry and Meghan are nervous about the trooping of the colour because they don't know how Alexander will react. They've been reading up on Alex's condition and they have learned that autistic people can be sensitive to hearing, the planes and crowd can be very loud.

William has said on a number of occasions that they don't have to attend. He doesn't want Alexander to get all worked up, he knows the crowds waiting for the royal famliy to came out onto the balcony are huge each year. Harry and Meghan want their son to have this opportunity, but if it proves to much for him then they won't do it again, as it would be his first year.

Since Alexander has been born, Meghan and Harry have tried to keep him from the public eye. Harry knows what it's like growing up with the media all the time, he knows it's going to be tough. Raising Alexander is something he's longed for since he was young and he wouldn't trade his son for the world, but he wanted to do it right. He felt like with constant prying eyes he would be doing his son a disservice, so he and Meghan have kept him out of the public eye as much as they can.

Although, Charles has been trying to distance himself from his youngest son's life. Harry and Meghan have been surprised by how supportive the rest of the family has been to them, they should've known they would be. The couple have been immensely thankful for the support. Charles' distance has been in part of Alexander's autism, but he also thinks Harry doesn't need him.

While Charles is having these feelings, Harry wants his father in he and his son's life. It hurts Harry to know his father doesn't want to spend time with his son and more importantly, his grandson.

Harry and Meghan have been discussing what Alexander will wear for the trooping of the colour. "What's Alex wearing for the trooping of the colour?" Meghan asked Harry who was currently cooking dinner.

"Umm." He answered, not paying attention to his wife's question.

"Are you even listening Harry?" Meghan said in an annoyed tone.

"Sorry, yeah I was thinking a pair of shorts and a regular t-shirt mybe." He replied while chopping up carrots and putting them into the pan. Meghan let out a laugh watching her husband trying to cook.

"What's so funny?" Harry asked leaning closer for a kiss from his beautiful wife. The couple kissed until they were interrupted a few seconds later by the sound of crying coming from the living room.

"You go?" Harry asked Meghan breaking their kiss, while listening to his son's cries.

"I go, it's no problem you keep trying to cook. Mr Masterchef." She said, leaving him laughing to himself while she goes and sorts out Alex.

Meghan entered the living room and saw her beautiful baby boy laying face down with blood dripping from his nose and Meghan screamed prompting Harry to come rushing in. Harry saw her standing in the entrance while Alex was laying on the floor with blood coming from his nose.

"What happend?" Harry asked franticly.

"I don't know, I came in and saw him on the ground with blood dripping from his nose." Meghan said with a shaky voice as he moved onto the floor and tried to comfort his son. As Harry was trying to clean his son's nose Alex kept on crying, the contact to his nose was irritating him further.

"I'm sorry baby boy, but I have to get your nose clean." He said gently apologizing to his son. A thought quickly came to him. "Play something on the mp3." He said to Meghan. She nodded and went over to the mp3 player, quickly choosing a song (Another Girl Another Planet- The Only Ones).

"I always flirt with death
I could kill, but I don't care about it
I can face your threats
And stand up straight and tall and shout about it

I think I'm on another world with you, with you
I'm on another planet with you, with you

You get under my skin
I don't find it irritating
You always play to win
But I won't need rehabilitating."

Harry sang along to muisc and Alex's frantic crying gradually turned to sniffles. He sat up and turned his son towards him, the music continued on.

"Space travels in my blood
There ain't nothing I can do about it
Long journeys wear me out
But I know I can't live without it, oh no

I think I'm on another world with you, with you
I'm on another planet with you, with you

Another girl is loving you now
Another planet, is holding you down
Another planet"

Alex was singing along to the song while Harry was cleaning his nose up. After, Harry got Alex's nose cleaned he proceeded with asking Alex what happend.

"What happend?" Harry asked his son very softly and gently. Alex pointed to the sofa and then the floor and Harry tried to piece it together. "You slipped onto the floor." He said, followed by Alex gently nodding his head. Harry kissed his son on the forehead and led him to his mom. She went and changed him into something more comfortable and turn off the oven.

When Meghan came back to the living room Harry was sitting with his head slumped against the back of the sofa. She sat beside him and let out a heavy sigh.

"How's Alex?" He asked absolutely exhausted.

"Okay I guess, still quite shaken but he's asleep now." She replied putting her head on Harry's shoulder.

"Tomorrow should be fun." Harry said trying to lighten the mood. Meghan punched him on the shoulder and they both laughed.

"Would you ever trade me or Alex for anything?" Meghan asked Harry seriously.

"Are you being serious?" He asked a little taken back from the question. She noded her head in response.

"Of course I wouldn't you're the love of my life and Alex is my son. I know it's not exactly easy, but life isn't meant to be easy. We were dealt this card and all we can do is love each other and our son, and continuing working hard to support him and each other." He said with seriousness and optimism.

"You put that so beautifully and your right. I also wouldn't trade you or Alex for anything. I love you both with all my heart." Meghan said looking at her husband lovingly and leaning in for a quick kiss.

"Tomorrow should be fun with the fly pass and the public." Meghan said changing to conversation.

"Let's just hope Alex doesn't get too worked up." Harry said standing up, reaching for Meghan's hand to go to bed for the night. The couple was not in the mood for food anymore. They were too exhausted and would clean in the morning.