Trooping of the Colour--Part 2

After quite an eventful evening, the big day had finally arrived; Harry, Meghan and Alexander will step onto the balcony in a matter of hours. Alexander is making his first official public appearance ever. Harry and Meghan are hoping that Alex doesn't make a fuss, but they also know that he can't help it if it happens. Harry and Meghan are still quite shaken by the events of the previous day. Harry knows the trooping of the colour is a big deal and he hopes Alex is able to handle it.

The trooping of the colour marks the official birthday of the Queen. It is also one of the only times of the year all the royal famliy is seen together. It's important for Harry, Meghan, and Alex because it's one of the only times the public is seeing Alexander since he was born two years ago; other than official photographs. Additionally, Harry and Meghan will also been seen for the first time together in ages. Harry tends to think of his mother on these occasions. He thinks about how he would love for her to see what man he's grown into and witness Alexander growing up.

Alex is currently upstairs in his room. This morning was easier than it normally is getting ready for a big event. But it was still slightly challenging getting Alex ready and cleaning. They had people to clean and get Alex ready, but it made them feel like a normal family when they did it themselves.

"We make a good team, don't we?" Harry said pulling his beautiful wife in, wrapping his hands around her waist.

"We do." Meghan replied with their lips moving closer to togther. Even before their lips could touch they heard music playing. It appears Alex had wondered down the stairs and into the living room.

He saw his mummy and daddy busy in the living room and instead of going to them he went up to the mp3 player and started to play music. Harry and Meghan both heard the music and turned their heads, seeing Alex standing by the mp3 player. Harry went towards his son and led him away from the mp3 player while Meghan turned the music player off. Harry brought Alex into the kitchen.

"Are you okay this morning?" Harry asked his son who was currently eating his breakfast. Alex simply ignored his dad and carried on eating. Harry let out a sigh all he wants is for alexander to call him daddy, or dadda that's all he wants.

A few moments later Meghan walked into the kitchen and sat in a chair next to Alex. Harry and Meghan were getting ready to tell Alex what was happening today.

Meghan began, "Darling we are going round to grannys house today and we're going watch some planes fly overhead."

"We're going to go on a balcony to watch the planes fly by and there are going to be loads and loads of people below us yelling up at us. I know it may scare you, but they're just excited, okay?" Harry continued, trying to prepare his son as best as he could. "Mommy and daddy are going to have to ride in a carriage, so you'll have to be with your younger cousins and your respective nannies for some time." He finished.

After Alex finished his breakfast he tugged at his mummy's hand to let her know, gesturing toward his plate. Meghan understood what he was trying to tell her, but asked him if he was done just to be sure. Alex nodded his head and wondered into the living area. Harry grabbed the dishes from table and began cleaning them.

"Look at you! Mr. Housewife." Meghan said trying to hold back laughter.

"Well?" Harry said with a smile and spin, while washing the dishes.

"You look great, now go get dressed or we will be late, and you know we CAN NOT be late for this." Meghan said in a 'mom' voice.

Harry obeyed his wife and went to get changed into his royal blues uniform. Meghan was wearing a lovely light pink dress with a matching hat. Alexander was wearing a red dress shirt with tan shorts.

Once Harry Meghan and Alexander got to Buckingham palace, Alexander went with the nanny with his tablet and headphones while his parents got into their carriage.

Alex stayed at Buckingham palace with his cousins while his parents were at the main parade with the other adults of the royal family. Back the palace, Alex's cousins were playing and messing around while Alex was sitting in the corner listening to music. The nanny was slightly worried because he was being very quiet and not interacting with the other Children.

Meghan and Harry were anxious about leaving Alexander but they knew that he had to learn to get to used to being around others, especially children around his age. In the carriage they put on big smiles and waved to the crowds but deep down it was hard for the both of them to leave Alex. Usually when they leave him with a nanny at least one of them is close by, so this is a learning experience for them as well.

The main parade lasted for a little over an hour. It felt like the longest hour of Harry and Meghan's lives. The couple was glad that the main parade was over. They were anxious to get back to Alexander, but they still had the biggest test yet. The ride back was a lot quicker than the ride there.

When Meghan and Harry enterd the room where the children were, they saw the children running around and very stressed nannies. Meghan went over to Alex and got him up from the corner and led him back to Harry who was talking to the nanny.

"How was he?" Harry asked their nanny.

"He was the most well behaved kid, but he didn't play with the other children , he just sat down in the corner and listened to muisc." The nanny said to the Prince.

Meghan kneeled infront of Alexander and took his headphones away from him.

"Alex you can have your muisc back in a little bit okay?" Meghan said to her son.

Meghan picked up Alexander no problem and headed towards the balcony with Harry beside her. William and Kate were already on the balcony with their 3 children; George, Charlotte and Louis.

Once Meghan and Harry stepped onto the balcony with little Alexander the crowds went wild. The crowds cheered loudly once they saw Alexander who was in Meghan's arms. The loud crowds were too much for Alexander and he started to cry and he put his hands over his ears. Meghan tried her best to cofomort Alexander but it didn't work so she passed him to Harry. Meghan hoped that Harry would be able to calm Alexander down. How wrong she was.
Harry tried really hard to calm Alexander down but Alexander decided to kick his father in the leg.

William was watching what was happening and asked his brother if he needed help. "Harry, would you like it if I took Alexander for a while?" William asked his brother who was losing a battle with Alexander.

Harry handed over Alexander to his uncle. Willaim had three kids of his own and was used to tantrums of all kinds. Willaim tried all the tricks he knew, but had no luck so Charles who was standing left to his older son took Alexander.

Charles slowly rocked Alexander back and forth to stop him crying. Alexander buried his head into his grandfather's shoulder and kept his hands over his ears. The flypass happend quickly and the royal famliy stopped off the balcony and went back inside Buckingham Palace.

Charles was still rocking Alexander. Harry was surprised at how good his father was with Alexander. Especially since he knows his father has been nervous around Alex after learning of his diagnosis. Charles handed Alex off to his mother and went on his way.