Meltdown

Tomorrow, Harry, Meghan, and Alexander are taking a family trip to the zoo. After Alexander said his first words, Harry and Meghan wanted to take him somewhere to celebrate and they thought the zoo would be a good place.

Harry wants Alexander to have as normal of a childhood as a royal can, like his mother tried for him and his brother when they were kids. Meghan and Harry already know it's going to be hard to take Alex out in public, especially around big crowds, the Trooping of the Colour gave them a rough idea of how it would be. Although they knew there would be many tough and trying moments, they still wanted Alex to get an idea of a normal childhood.

Meghan and Harry have been planning this trip to the zoo since Alex first spoke. They want the day to be perfect, they just want it to be a nice family day out since the opportunity doesn't arise often. Alexander needs structure and routine to function without getting agitated because if his routine changes even for a day there could be problems. Meghan and Harry know that a change in routine maybe hard for Alex, but they hope that with them there at the zoo Alex will be able to enjoy himself.

Alex likes to wonder off by himself so Harry and Meghan will have to keep a close eye on him. They have decided that Alexander should do the things a "normal" child his age would do. Meghan and Harry know that Alexander having a public meltdown or wondering off, like he normally tries to, will make the news, but they can't let that stop them from giving him an experience he could potentially enjoy.

Harry is worried about how the media will act if Alexander "misbehaves" and that really upsets him because his son can't help it. The thought of people talking about his child really angers Harry, especially because they don't know that his son has autism. The media and public would assume they know everything that's going on and try to give "advice" on what's best for his son. It also upsets Meghan because if Alex isn't exactly what the public envisions him to be, or even better than their hopes people will see it as a failure on her part. When in reality she's trying her best to handle a situation she has no experience in. She really just wants to be able to love her son without the public having opinions on her and her husbands parenting and opinions on how their son should act.

It was the night before the trip to the zoo and Meghan and Harry are excited and anxious about their coming day out. They hope Alexander enjoys it as well. Meghan put Alexander to bed a little while ago, Alexander was quite tired so he went to sleep quite easily. Once Meghan was sure that Alexander was asleep, she left the room switch off the light as she exited.

Meghan walked into the bedroom she shared with her husband and got into bed, sitting with her back against the headboard. Meghan waited for Harry to return with their hot chocolate, her favorite. Harry carried the two cups into their bedroom and sat Meghan's on her bedside table and gave her a kiss before sitting his cup on his bedside table. After that, Harry got into bed, sitting in the same position as his wife. They sat in silence for a few moments thinking about what tomorrow will hold for them.

----------------------------------------------------

The day of the trip to the zoo was today and Meghan and Harry were excited. Harry will forever remember the trip to Disneyland with his mother and brother and he remembers the joy of that trip. He wants Alexander to experience trips and day outs that non-royal kids experience with their famliy. Harry has talked with the zoo about the trip and the staff were delighted by the fact that they were coming for a visit. Meghan and Harry have planned the trip to the zoo to be relaxing, but being famous and having a child with autism that probably won't happen.

Meghan and Harry woke up around half 9 on Saturday morning. Meghan went to wake up Alexander while Harry got ready for the day and makes breakfast. Meghan walked into Alexander's bedroom and opened the curtains. After Meghan opend the curtains, she gently shook Alexander, who was in a deep sleep to awaken him.

"Wakey, wakey sleepy head." Meghan said to her son who was waking up.

It took a another 3 minutes before Alexander was awake properly and then Meghan helped her son get dressed and wash his face and brush his teeth. Once her son was prepared for the day she sent him downstairs so she could do her morning routine and get dressed. Meghan got changed into a simple pink dress with black high heels before going to join her little family for breakfast.

After breakfast was eaten and everyone gathered their things for the day, the little family along with security made their way to the zoo.

The drive to the zoo was quicker than Harry and Meghan thought it would be. The drive was spent in silence with security following behind them. Meghan and Harry kept looking at each other throughout the drive. Alexander was sitting in the back of the car, listening to his muisc. They arrived at the zoo about half 11.

Once they got to the zoo Meghan and Harry got of the car. While Harry got the things out from the boot of the car, Meghan was getting Alexander out from his car seat. Before Meghan got Alexander put from his car seat she took away his music and then got him out of the car. Harry, Meghan and Alexander then made their way into the zoo where the staff was waiting for them. Meghan and Harry held hands with Alexander to make sure he didn't ran away while they while walking around the zoo. Harry and Meghan shook hands with the staff and Alexander stood there inbetween his mother and father.  After, Harry and Meghan shook hands with the staff; then went on their way around the zoo.  Alexander, Meghan and Harry started to walk around the zoo.

Harry and Meghan were happy because Alexander seemed happy and calm to be at the zoo. Alexander seemed to be impressed by the animals and Harry got down and was talking to Alexander about all the different animals.

Alexander decided half way through the zoo he had enough and wanted to go home. Harry, Meghan and Alexander got to the hippo enclosure and then that's when Alexander began to cry. Harry and Meghan were surprised by Alexander crying because he was so good so far around the zoo. Harry knelt down to his son's level and tried to ask him what's wrong.

" Alex,  what's wrong buddy?" Harry asked his son who was crying.

Alex kept crying and decided to lay on the floor while kicking and screaming. People were looking at Harry and Meghan and it made them feel uncomfortable. Meghan and Harry knows that Alexander can't help this. Harry got up from his knees and tried to get Alexander up from the floor. It took a little over 10 minutes to get Alexander up from the floor and Meghan and Harry both agreed to take Alexander home. 

With Alexander in his arms still crying Harry and Meghan made their way out of the zoo and back to the car.  Driving back to Kensington palace Alexander was still crying and Meghan was trying to calm her son down. It hurts Meghan because  her son is inconsolable when he gets like this.

When their got home Alexander's crying became sniffles and Harry proceed to get him ready for bed.